Our March A-Lister: Ben Rector, Singer/Songwriter
Our March A-Lister: Ben Rector, Singer/Songwriter
03-16-2016 02:37 PMAdamH
03-16-2016 02:37 PM
“Having an airline that’s cost effective and reliable is invaluable.”
—Ben Rector, singer/songwriterMaking music as an independent artist is no easy task, but Ben Rector is up to the challenge. The talented singer/songwriter from Nashville loves to take his music directly to the fans. Filling venues across the country, this A-List Customer counts on Southwest Airlines to get him and his guitar to the next show quickly and cheaply. It takes a lot of work to promote new music like his latest album, Brand New. This means Ben hits the road frequently throughout the year. And when his tour takes him to the skies, he prefers to fly Southwest. Why Southwest: “The baggage fees alone (for band gear, merch, and luggage) on other airlines can be outrageous, and a delay can cause us to miss a show. Having an airline that’s cost-effective and reliable is invaluable.” Insider Tips: “There are a few spots I always visit if I’m in town. Breakfast: South Congress Cafe in Austin. Lunch: Beer Kitchen in Kansas City, Missouri. Dinner: The Optimist in Atlanta.” Best career advice: “Someone once told me, ‘All great art is efficient.’ A great song doesn’t have any excess: Each part performs a necessary function.” Want to see Ben Rector perform in person at Live in the Vineyard? Visit Southwest.com/LiveInTheVineyard to enter our sweepstakes.
OFFICIAL RULESSouthwest Airlines’ “Live In The Vineyard Getaway Sweepstakes”
- To Enter:NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY to enter or win this sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law and in Alaska, Hawaii, Rhode Island and Puerto Rico. Sweepstakes begins at 12:01a.m. C.T. on Monday, March 14, 2016 and ends on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. C.T. To enter without purchase or obligation, complete the entry form on southwest.com/liveinthevineyard. Incomplete entries are not eligible. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. C.T., March 23, 2016. All entries become property of Southwest Airlines Co. (the “Sponsor”), and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries limited to one (1) per person. Use of automated devices is not valid for entry. Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for purposes of this Sweepstakes.
- Drawing:A random drawing from all eligible entries received will be held on or about March 24, 2016. Entrants need not be present to win. Prize is guaranteed to be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- Prize:One (1) Grand Prize to consist of a trip for two to the April 7-10, 2016 Live in the Vineyard event in Napa, California (“Event”). Grand Prize package includes roundtrip air travel for winner and one (1) guest from the closest major U.S. airport to winner’s residence served by Southwest Airlines to San Francisco International Airport, Oakland International Airport, or Sacramento International Airport for the Event; three (3) nights double occupancy hotel accommodations at a Napa hotel; two (2) VIP tickets to Live in the Vineyard events; admittance for two (2) to private VIP events at local vineyards; two (2) tickets to Live in the Vineyard concerts in Napa Valley, and transportation from the Westin Verasa in Napa, CA to all VIP events. Roundtrip air travel will be awarded in the form of four (4) Southwest flight e-passes. E-passes will bear the date of issue and the date of expiration. Expiration dates will not be extended, and travel must be completed on or before the expiration date. Each Southwest flight e-pass is valid for one-way travel on Southwest-operated, published, scheduled service in the United States. The Southwest flight e-pass is not valid on interline or codeshare service. The Southwest flight e-pass is non-refundable and is not redeemable for cash or credit. The Southwest flight e-pass will not be replaced for any reason, including, without limitation, if lost, stolen, or fraudulently used. The Southwest flight e-pass is non-transferrable and cannot be sold to a third party. Sale, auction, or re-tendering of the Southwest flight e-pass for money or otherwise is strictly prohibited. The Southwest flight e-pass may not be used for promotional purposes unless previously approved by Southwest. Any suspected fraud, misrepresentation, misuse, abuse or violation of the Southwest flight e-pass Rules and Regulations may result in cancellation of the Southwest flight e-pass(es). Southwest flight e-pass holders are required to be nineteen (19) years of age or older and a legal U.S. resident. Air transportation by Southwest Airlines Co. ("Southwest") is subject to Southwest Airlines' Passenger Contract of Carriage ("Contract of Carriage") set out at http://www.southwest.com/assets/pdfs/corporate-commitments/contract-of-carriage.pdf. If potential winner lives within two hundred (200) miles of Napa, CA, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, the roundtrip air travel portion of the Prize will be forfeited without additional compensation. Other expenses not specifically mentioned herein, including, but not limited to, ground transportation between the airport and Napa, parking fees, food, beverages, gratuities, personal purchases, and all other expenses are the responsibility of winner. Grand Prize may not be sold or transferred to a third party and must be accepted as awarded. Approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize: $2,000.
- Eligibility:Sweepstakes is open to all legal U.S. residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, excluding Rhode Island, 21 years and older as of March 10, 2016. Employees of Southwest Airlines Co., their advertising and promotions agencies, any subsidiaries or affiliates and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. This sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree to these official rules and accept decisions of the Sponsor as final. This promotion is offered in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this site if you are not located in the United States.
- To Claim Prize:Potential winner only will be notified by phone and/or e-mail and will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release, which must be returned within three (3) business days after prize notification or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If prize notification letter is returned undeliverable or if potential winner is ineligible or is unable to attend the Event, the Grand Prize will be awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing. Acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner’s and winner’s guests name, voice, biography, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity in any media without additional compensation, as well as posting the winner’s name and hometown on the winner’s list. The Grand Prize winner’s guest must also be 21 years of age, must execute a Liability Release, and where legal, a Publicity Release prior to the issuance of travel documents.
- Limitation of Liability:Neither Sponsor, nor their affiliated entities, is responsible for printing or typographical errors in any sweepstakes related materials; or transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction. Winner is solely responsible for payment of all federal, state, and local taxes on prize and for any travel or other expenses not specifically mentioned in prize description. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failure compromises the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion. This Sweepstakes offer is being made exclusively by the Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections or fraud; incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmission whether caused by Sponsor, user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the process of submissions which may limit a participant’s ability to participate in this promotion. Winner and guest assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in this sweepstakes or use, misuse or redemption of any prize/offer. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, demands, losses, or cause of action for any damages (including, without limitation, all consequential, punitive, and incidental damages), liability, loss, cost, fees (including attorneys’ fees), including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, and for claims based on publicity rights and intellectual property rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
- Construction and Disputes: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Texas, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE FEDERAL OR STATE COURTS LOCATED IN DALLAS COUNTY, TEXAS.
- Winner’s List: Winner’s name will be published at southwest.com/liveinthevineyard after April 1, 2016.
- Sponsor:Southwest Airlines Co., P.O. Box 36611, Dallas, Texas, 75235-1611.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.