Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

3 generation travel

jbmom91
Explorer C

I will be leaving BNA for MCO (round trip) in a couple of weeks.  I'm traveling with my daughter (11) and my mom (72).  Are we able to do the 24 hr checkin?  Does it check all 3 of us in at the same time since the tickets were bought together?  Even though my mother is a senior, our tickets are the "Wanna get away".  Am I able to pack snacks and bottled water in my checked bags?

1 REPLY 1

Re: 3 generation travel

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Hi 

If you have 3 different conformation numbers you will all have to check in separately.  

You can bring snacks but you will have to purchase bottle water after you go through security. 

"Who is eligible to use online check in at Southwest.com and print a boarding pass?"

"To use online check in at Southwest.com and print your boarding pass, you must:"

"Be age verified if traveling on Senior, Child, or Infant* fares.
Check in beginning 24 hours prior to your scheduled departure time.
Check in at least one hour prior to your scheduled departure time.
Have purchased an eligible fare type (Customers holding reservation for military fares must proceed to the airport check in).

* This only applies to infants traveling on an infant fare. Customers traveling with children under two years old who are traveling as lap children must still present a valid birth certificate for the child and check in with a Customer Service Agent at the airport.

"These requirements, fare rules, heightened security, and other issues may prevent some reservations from qualifying for Online Checkin."