Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A-Group Upgrade

JustPlaneNerd
Explorer C

When I checked in online I got a "B" boarding group. How much does it cost to upgrade my boarding position?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: A-List Upgrade

Kaylat413
Explorer A

Once you get to your gate, you can request a benefit called Upgraded Boarding at the counter. It will cost either $30 or $40 and will allow you to change your boarding pass to one in A1-A15 if those positions are still available!

kstefanak
Explorer C

The rate depends on the airport and you are only able to do it if there are boarding positons  available in A1-15.

FlyGirl1
Explorer A

You can upgrade to A1-15 if there are seats available, and it will cost $30-$40 depending on your ticket.

BrieStrickland
Frequent Flyer C

@JustPlaneNerd Are you an A-List Customer? If so, you should be able to board between the A and B Boarding Groups.

JustPlaneNerd
Explorer C

Yes I am! I know about boarding between the groups but the last time I have to wait to get on the plane the better. I just enjoy getting settled in on the plane sooner rather than later!

Kaylat413
Explorer A
Solution

If that's the case, There is an Upgraded Boarding option! Once at the gate, you can request this benefit at the counter. If there are any positions available, it will be a cost of either $30 or $40 and you will receive a new boarding position between A1 and A15.