Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Attendant boards prior to published time.

pitchsinew
Explorer C

I am a frequent SW RR flier.  For the 3rd time in as many months, the gate attendant has decided to board the plane up 10 mins before the published boarding time.  I follow a strict schedule to conduct my business as efficiently as possible when travelling. That might mean show up to the gate at the moment of boarding.  Usually I am at the nearest power outlet with the least noise.  There has been no wide area broadcast that boarding is beginning early, only local.  So my A boarding $$ pass becomes a B or C position.  I don't have a problem with them getting a jump but this needs to put over the loud speaker for more than just the gate in question.

Sincerely,

Frustrated at the back of this plane.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Attendant boards prior to published time.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I had this happen on a LAS to MDW flight...we walked up and assumed it was a prior flight as there were only about five people left to board. When we got the gate check tag for the strollers we found out it was our flight and didn't get to sit together, literally the last three people on the plane.

I'd accept a text message for boarding more than 10 minutes ahead of schedule as well. We were in the airport, but not at the gate.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Attendant boards prior to published time.

tpegan1
Explorer A

I agree that would be aggravating.  I had something worse happen.  I got a text from Southwest that my flight would be delayed an 1 1/2 hours.  So I showed up later.  It turns out that they found a way to take off on time.  I almost missed my flight and ended up boarding last even though I was an A-list passenger.  Hopefully Southwest no longer sends out these texts because they serve no productive purpose unless the flight is actually going to take off at this new time.  Otherwise the information they are texting is worse than useless, it's destructive.  I complained about this and the response was how can I complain about a flight taking off on time.