Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Boarding Position Q`

SLeader1
Explorer C

First time flying Southwest and have heard all the nightmare stories on boarding and seat saving and the like. We have Boarding positions A34-35, do you board with the A31-60 range in order or is A31 the same as A60 and anyone in that group goes on whenever? Or do they call in groups of 5 or 10? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Boarding Position Q`

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

You will line up in numerical order.  On one side of the pole is 1-30 and the other side is 31-60 just find your spot in line. 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Thanks for posting, @SLeader1,

@TheMiddleSeat@DancingDavidE, @bec102896 are pretty regular flyers with us and can also probably offer some good advice about what to expect from a Customer perspective! 

bec102896
Aviator A

Hello

when lining up you line up in order 1-30 on one side and 31-60 on the other there are posts with 5 people increments and you will be towards the back of the 31-35 post.

also good news is with the A boarding pass you should be able to sit with your seat mate with no problem unless the previous flight has a ton of continuing passengers but usually you should have no problem.

feel free to let us know how it goes tomorrow! 

Blake 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Perhaps a bit late to comment, but I actually really like the A31-A35 range so I think you got a great boarding position. Being in that spot allows you to be just a couple people from the front of the line so you can see what to do based on the people ahead of you and there's no crazy rush to line up like the A1-A30 which could begin boarding soon after you're asked to line up depending on how the gate agent handles it. Being at 34 you get the warning of 1-30 boarding first, then you know it will soon be your turn. 

Please let us know how it went and if you have any thoughts or suggestions about the boarding process. It's always interesting to hear from first time Southwest flyers. 

I'm curious did you purchase EarlyBird Check-In? That's a low number for not being A-List.

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Perhaps a bit late to comment, but I actually really like the A31-A35 range so I think you got a great boarding position.  

You can practically choose any middle seat you want in that boarding position!

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.