Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Boarding Position

Saunderslaura13
Explorer A

I know it's a Southwest mystery about boarding positions but I just have to ask. I just checked in (I typically do even though I am A List Preferred and request my boarding pass be texted). I booked travel for myself, daughter, grandson and my husband who is my Companion and is an A List status. How is it that I have position B 45 as A List Preferred and my Companion is  A 16 and other family A 20 and 21?  PLEASE explain. I know I can board after A and before B but this is crazy and what is the benefit of A List Preferred?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Boarding Position

chgoflyer
Aviator A

See the other threads -- there's currently a "glitch" that is making A-Listers not be checked in automatically or be assigned their positions. Until it's resolved, you can:

-- Board after the A group, per policy, if your boarding pass says A-List on it or you show your A-List card. (Many don't as a result of this glitch.)

-- Purchase Upgraded Boarding, and then request a refund of the fee following travel.

Saunderslaura13
Explorer A

Thank you ! Glad to know it's a glitch. Hope it's fixed soon. 

robinkneer
Explorer B

yep I have spent $60 so far upgrading my boarding priority back to about where it should have been. I contacted Southwest and the didn't feel this was a significant issue.  They said "just board and the end of the A group"  How is this fair to us loyal frequient flyers?

Saunderslaura13
Explorer A

This is sad. One of the outstanding things about this airline has been the customer service and I have experienced the same lack of concern about this issue. I will have flown 3 times this week already and what may be small to some is not small for those who specifically choose this airline for our travel because of the rewards for loyalty. I am in the customer service industry as well and it's been disappointing as far as the response or lack of. Do we know when there will be a resolution?  Simply stating you can board after A is not the answer I am looking for. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The correct thing to do would be to board A-Listers after Business Select. They're not doing that of course -- it's not often Southwest does the right thing these days -- even when it's as simple as something like this. 😞

STL_Rxer
Explorer C

Check your email to see the pathetic excuse of an explanation and "apology".  Southwest Airlines -  YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF.