Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Boarding

WSB2010
Explorer C

I'm new to Southwest and am anxious about the boarding process. We are a family of 4 and I do not want to be separated from my 10 year old on any of the flights. I paid for the early check in. How likely are we to get seats together?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Boarding

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Very. 

Buying EarlyBird Check-In was a great idea, now you don't have to worry about checking in 24 hours prior to departure or what happens if you forget to check in. EBCI boarding positions are usually quite good and it would be very unlikely to not have your choice of plenty of seats when purchasing EBCI, and also, I'm certain a Southwest crew member would do their best to help you find a way to sit next to your child if that situation were to occur.

Have a great trip!

--TheMiddleSeat

SWDigits
Aviator A
Do you have a direct flight or are you making a connection? Only weird scenario would be if you have a connection that gets squeezed due to a delay of the first flight.

Customer | Home airport DCA

WSB2010
Explorer C

We do have a connection with a 2 hour layover.

SWDigits
Aviator A

@WSB2010 wrote:

We do have a connection with a 2 hour layover.

You should be fine with the connection too.

The low chance scenario involves getting to your connecting gate after boarding starts or is almost complete. If the connecting flight is a full flight then you may have to try to trade to get two seats together.

It's low probability but is possible so I mention for awareness. It happened to my family many years ago.

Customer | Home airport DCA

WSB2010
Explorer C

Thank you!