Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Can't get Southwest Airlines App to install on iPad

SoWeTurel
Explorer C

I search for SW app on my iPad Air. The textual name of the app appears in search field, but nowhere on the screen does any app display.

Support told me to try downloading from Google Play. I can't seem to figure out how to add account so I can access the app that does appear (tri-colored heart).

I have used Google for years and it is my primary email account, but on Settings menu I only see Accounts not Add Account as some instructions suggest.

I do not have smart phone so my only goal is to get the mobile app on my ipad for checking in and boarding pass display.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Can't get Southwest Airlines App to install on iPad

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @SoWeTurel,

I'm reaching out to our mobile app folks for a little insight on this issue. I'll report back when I've got some information for you. 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @SoWeTurel,

I'm back with some helpful info!

To include the Southwest iPhone app in the search on an iPad, enter Southwest Airlines in the search field at the top right, press Search. Then, tap the “iPad Only” button at the top left of the menu bar and select “iPhone Only.” This will expand the search to display iPhone only apps as well, and you should see the Southwest app in the results.

dpsgpa
Explorer C

This would be good information to put as a footnote on the SW website on the page discussing downloading the app.

Shopww
Explorer C

The app has disappeared from my ipad and iphone screens. I can only find it in the app store when i look at recently updated. It is not shown anywhere in a search of the app store. I was told to delete the app and reinstall, but if the app isn’t seen you can’t delete it. And then I won’t be able to find it in the app store because it doesn’t come up in a search. I have an ipad 5 with os 11.2.1. Iphone SE with OS 11.2.1

zimou13
Explorer C

The Marketplace home screen features from top to bottom: a search bar, four quick action buttons (Sell, Categories, Search, Your Items), available items area and the Facebook app footer menu bar, that allows you to return to your News Feed, Timeline, Notifications or Settings, i watched on : 9Apps, VidMate & Mobdro .

cheungsau
Explorer C

There is an error message from the app: Sorry! Due to a sudden change in our configurations, we will need to ask you to restart the app. 

I tried to restart the app many time. The error message keeps showing up. How to fix this issue?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@cheungsau wrote:

There is an error message from the app: Sorry! Due to a sudden change in our configurations, we will need to ask you to restart the app. 

I tried to restart the app many time. The error message keeps showing up. How to fix this issue?

You can use the mobile website on your iPad. (Actually I didn't realize there was an app for iPad now, it had been iPhone only for quite a while.)

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

sjordi
Explorer C

Are you getting this error when out of the US?
It seems that if you're abroad outside of the US, the IP address from your phone/tablet/PC/Mac will be sent and Southwest denies all accesses to their online infrastructure.

I've never been able to use their apps while abroad. This is ridiculous as you may have to plan a trip, buy tickets while abroad, etc...

The only way to work this around is to use a VPN that makes them believe you're in the US...

alik40593
Explorer C

Similarly IN 9Apps Happned with me aswell.