Cancelled flights

RobinC
Explorer C

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Cancelled flights

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @RobinC,

Your post doesn't appear to have any content. Did you have a question about cancelled flights? Let us know!

allairlinesbad
Explorer C

Well I was going to post with a question about what policy is when Southwestern cancels the flight.

they canceled at 7:45 pm PDT and flight was as 7 am PDT.  so basically i can't get out at the earliest till Thurday afternoon and i was supposed to be at a function Thursday day.

The flight is still no canceled on the web site. have bee on hold for 45 min as i type this.

when i click the link in the text i only get an option to reshedule. but nothing for credit.

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

If Southwest cancelled the flight you can reschedule for no additional cost (same destination, based on availability), or you can request a refund.

Sounds like your best option may be to book a new flight on another carrier. 

Good luck.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

There should eventually be an option where you request a refund or travel credit - make sure to click on "refund" but it should have both options shown with radio buttons to choose.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

RIVERAJOSE69
Explorer C

I HAVE THE  SAME  PROBLEM BUT  EVERYTIME   I CALL  TAKE  TOO MUCH TIME   FOR  CHAGE  THE  FLY  FOR  THAT  REASONN IM  A  DAY TO BE  FIRE  FOR  THAT IN MY JOB

Buckeyejane
Explorer C

Has my flight #103 for 1/31 been cancelled?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Buckeyejane The answer depends on which leg of flight 103 you're referring to. Currently the CMH-MCO leg is canceled.

You can view flight status at southwest.com or on your phone at https://mobile.southwest.com/flight-status

--TheMiddleSeat

weycosteve
Explorer C

On 2/21 I had a flight scheduled to leave Las Vegas at 9:00AM. It was canceled. Then I made arrangements to leave on a flight at 2:00. That flight was canceled. I was on hold with SW for 45 minutes. The agent at that point told me that she had a solution and to hold on. I was disconnected. I held for another 1hour and 40 minutes. The agent told me that he could put me on a flight leaving Saturday afternoon. That was unacceptable. I then booked a flight on Delta leaving that afternoon at 4:03 to arrive in Atlanta. I could not leave Atlanta until Friday morning. This was a SW flight leaving Atlanta at 6:25AM and that flight was delayed because of your computer issues. This was a very miserable time for me. I’ve never experienced issues like this in my life. I was told that the FAA grounded several flights. So this is not a weather related issue. 300 people at the Las Vegas terminal in line to speak to a SW agent and 30 people in line at the American counter confirmed with me that SW had issues other than weather.

I would like to be reimbursed for pain and cost of trying to get to my destination. I purchased a ticket from Delta to Atlanta. I used my credit for my flight from Atlanta to Orlando. I had a hotel at the Atlanta airport which I used for 2 hours.

I have always been a strong supporter of SW but my confidence in your airline is dwindling. Please let me know if you wish to keep me as a SW loyal customer.

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

@weycosteve ,

I am sorry that this happened to you.  There are many reasons for flight schedule disruptions, and as a travel warrior, I feel as if I have experienced almost all of them (on every airline).   Weather, computers, attendants accidentally deploying the emergency slide, crew with too many hours of flight time so cannot take off, and even an attack at the arrival airport TSA checkpoint that required us to be held out on the tarmac for hours.  I have had more two hour hotel nights than I ever wanted as well.  ( I call them “shotel” nights because they are really for the shower and not the sleep.  Fortunately I can catch some zzzz’s on a plane when I finally get on one, but only because I had so many chances to try and learn.)

I agree that at times, travel (or trying to travel) can be a bad experience.  I hope you will give Southwest another chance.  I have flown them all, and the potential for delays is there for every airline.  I find the Southwest policies regarding open seating, two bags free and no change fees to be the best option for the majority of my flights.  Like you, I have had some bad experiences with them, but not as many on Southwest as some of the others, especially for domestic flights.  You may have heard a lot of rumors while waiting because I have experienced that waiting crowd crescendo before as well, and I doubt all of what you heard is true.

I would suggest a letter to customer service relating your experience as the best option to try for a refund or a voucher.  No guarantees, but I have had some results with that approach.  I wish you safe travels in the future, and I wish that your experience had been an on-time no-complications flight.