Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Companion Boarding

Explorer C

I do not agree with if you are traveling with a young child between 5 to 12, that you have to fall back to their boarding number. Like 1 child is going to keep someone from their seat, sorry but it’s a rule that needs to be looked at. I’ve seen this happen plenty of time in front of me. I don’t have an issue with it. It’s not right, I’ve have flown with southwest since 1980, and this is a rule that needs to be looked at.

thank You 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@78687626 wrote:

I do not agree with if you are traveling with a young child between 5 to 12, that you have to fall back to their boarding number. Like 1 child is going to keep someone from their seat, sorry but it’s a rule that needs to be looked at. I’ve seen this happen plenty of time in front of me. I don’t have an issue with it. It’s not right, I’ve have flown with southwest since 1980, and this is a rule that needs to be looked at.

thank You 

Good suggestion. However since this is a customer to customer forum, you won't find a solution here. Instead you should send your suggestion to Southwest via one of the methods listed on the top left of the contact us webpage

https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US

Gjlilley
Explorer A

Hole in the system. Sorry auto correct

100flightsayear
Explorer C

I completely agree with you! Especially if your companion is a child.

Retired_Pilot
Explorer C

I agree that if an A List member is boarding and has a minor under 18 with them, they should be able to board toegther. However, to be fair to all, if the A-List member wishes to board with his entire family and some members are over 18, then they should take their place in line with the othe rpassengers, or pay the extra amount for early check-in. JMO. 

I know a fellow in Florida that when he wants to fly, he goes to the counter and asks for assistance to board early. He gets a wheelchair and tips the attendat $5 or $10 to board early. He is 72 y/o, but in very good health. He just wants to beat the system. I think for cases like this, they should be made to either show a note from a doctor of the "Handicap" placard. 

I am never in a hurry to board, but I fly a lot and have elite status on most airlines. Even still, I have at times passed my early pass to someone that I thought needed to go before me. I am a retired pilot with United, but do not always fly United, even though I get free ticketing. There have been instances where flight times or locations have not been ideal, so I fly Southwest. 

stagmonster
Explorer C

l love that they changed their policy to include early birds for companions of A-listers.  One of the best decisions ever!