Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Fflight to cancun

andrespr12
Explorer C

My wife and I have a flight to Cancun on May 1, 2019 to attend a wedding.  Flight number 5948 from Orlando to Ft Lauderdale and then taking flight 828 to cancun.  With all of these issues on grounding the 737-MAX 8, will this flight be cancel or delayed????  If cancel will Southwest make arrangements with other airlines for my flight???  Please advise.  I understand this is early but I need to plan for the worst.  thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Fflight to cancun

dfwskier
Aviator A

Morning.

Sorry, but there really is no way to predict what will happen to a flight 6 weeks in advance of the flight.

The being said, the two planes you will be on are a 737-700 and a 737-800 (at least that's what the schedule currently shows), and not on one of the currently grounded Max8s.

bec102896
Aviator A

Hopefully the MAX aircraft will be fixed and back in the air by then and flight cancellations will be minimal. If your flight were to be affected (delayed/cancelled) the airline would send you an email letting you know. 

If they cancel your flight they would rebook you on the next Southwest flight. Southwest doesn't partner with any other airlines so they won't book you on say united if they cancelled your flight.

Hope your flight goes smoothly!

Blake

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

Hopefully the MAX aircraft will be fixed and back in the air by then and flight cancellations will be minimal.

FYI: From everything I've read, MAX are expected to be grounded until mid-May at the earliest (and possibly much longer).