Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Gate Updates on Mobile Boarding Pass

trgray
Explorer C

I have flown UAL, DAL, and AAL and I have noticed that my mobile boarding pass updates with the current gate information on a regular basis.

I am requesting SWA implement this feature with their mobile boarding passes. If I load my mobile boarding pass into my wallet at 24-hours prior to departure, understandably it will not have the departure gate information. However when I arrive at the airport a few minutes to a few hours before my flight, I should be able to see the current departure gate for my flight on the mobile boarding pass.

In addition I have noticed on the AAL mobile boarding pass that there is a yellow circle around the gate information (or any other changed information such as departure time) that has changed. It is a very handy and convenient feature.

Please, pretty please, SWA.

Thanks.

TG

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Gate Updates on Mobile Boarding Pass

MarkHursh
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi There!

Super blast from the past ... but wanted to let you know that we did implement this change a few months back.  

Now your mobile boarding pass saved to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay Wallet will automatically update if any of the following changes:

• Boarding Gate Changes
  • Boarding Time Changes
  • Departure Time Changes

Hope that helps and thanks for flying Southwest!

-Mark Hursh

Director of Digital Customer Platforms - Marketing

Southwest Airlines

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

This is great to hear!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Awesome! Previously I would either keep checking app and/or my third-party apps, or and re-download the boarding pass if I wanted to keep a new record of it with any changes.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.