Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: I'm sorry, but why did I just pay $40 for early boarding so 7 rows of people could board before

MrSavage
Explorer C

0 through passengers. The complaint is about the obvious false disabilities. Entire families boarding first because of a 70 yr old woman that walks away fine after the flight. Unfortunately I just now consider southwest to not have acceptable boarding.

Re: I'm sorry, but why did I just pay $40 for early boarding so 7 rows of people could board before

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

We're sorry for the frustration, @MrSavage. As a peer-to-peer support forum, we aren't equipped to assist you here, but we encourage you to follow the steps below to reach out via official Customer Service channels. Thanks!

Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint

Nicole
Community Manager

chgoflyer
Aviator A

You paid for a Business Select fare, and also Upgraded Boarding?

spacecoastbill
Frequent Flyer B

Looks like Jetway Jesus was there to meet her.  The miracle flights seem to be especially plentiful with SWA.

@MrSavage wrote:

0 through passengers. The complaint is about the obvious false disabilities. Entire families boarding first because of a 70 yr old woman that walks away fine after the flight. Unfortunately I just now consider southwest to not have acceptable boarding.

MrSavage
Explorer C

This is the problem I'm describing. I was position A-1 and boarded after like 40 people. Unacceptable.

MrSavage
Explorer C

I was position A-1. All these rows were still full before I boarded.

spacecoastbill
Frequent Flyer B

But priority boarding does.  Thats the $40 fee.

@jksobonya wrote:

@ronnyradio wrote:

“whereas the OP at least PAID to board A1-15..."

Early bird doesn't guarantee you A1-15 seating. Heck, it doesn't even guarantee you A seating. And therein lies the rub. You can pay for early boarding if you want, I have in the past, but there are no guarantees you will get A boarding. 

--Jessica

MrSavage
Explorer C

Well this flight was a business flight and did not cost 100$. It cost 540$