Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Is 40 minutes enough time to get from entrance of SeaTac airport to airplane gate?

worldling
Explorer C

On the tenth day of May (next month), I fly SeaTac to SMF (Sacramento). I plan to catch the LRT from downtown Seattle to SeaTac. The LRT arrives at SeaTac at 11:03AM. Southwest flight 1184 departs 11:45AM. Will this be enough time?

The next flight from Seattle to SMF departs 1:20 PM.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Is 40 minutes enough time to get from entrance of SeaTac airport to airplane gate?

bec102896
Aviator A

The airline recommends arriving 2 hours before your flight to allow you time to check bags and go through security if you are not checking bags I would still arrive an hour and half before the flight because you will need to go through security and the plane boards 30min before the flight and could leave early usually up to 10min before the flight and if you miss the flight you would be considered a NO SHOW and your flight reservation (including return trips) would be canceled and you would lose all funds (if you booked the wanna getaway fare) also 40min is risky because if the LRT has a delay you would miss your flight and most likely you would be standby on the next flight.

hope this helps

Blake 

Re: Is 40 minutes enough time to get from entrance of SeaTac airport to airplane gate?

worldling
Explorer C

Thanks, Blake. I'll tell Mom I'm gonna be on the 1oclock departing flight.

bec102896
Aviator A

Also I would recommend if you will take the 1pm flight that you have a confirmed reservation on that flight as opposed to the earlier flight that you might miss because otherwise if you are hoping to standby on the 1pm flight it could be sold out resulting in a later arrival. 

Blake 

if my answer has helped answer your question if you could please mark the answer(s) that helped you so other community members with a similar question can find this great content thanks! 

worldling
Explorer C

Thanks. You read my mind. If i would have missed the 11am flight, I was planning on being standby for the 1pm flight.

But after what you've said, I'll buy the 1pm flight.