Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Late Boarding/No Explanation

ChadScanlon1
Explorer C

Here I go again. I sometime wonder why I use a Southwest credit card and I why I even fly Southwest. My plane is not boarding yet and we are already 15 minutes down. Absolutely no explanation. This is the third incident since 1/16/2018 with Southwest. Flight was canceled in Houston after boarding and after the pilot guaranteed we would depart on the 16th. Southwest blamed it on Houston Hobby and Houston Hobby blamed it on Southwest. Three days later, my plane arrived the airport at Hobby early and yet we boarded 40 minutes late because somebody forgot the customs paperwork. We landed in Belize City 45 minutes late for an only connection that evening. Cost us $180 dollars for ground transportation from Belize City to Placencia. No apologies what so ever. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Late Boarding/No Explanation

ChadScanlon1
Explorer C

Follow up to my previous post. Southwest waited almost an hour to inform us that we hadn’t started boarding due to a passenger illness on the previous flight. I asked the desk why it took them almost an hour to communicate with us and the lady basically had no reason. What I really like is how they tell folks to board quickly in order to make up time and eliminate delays. Really? The attendant said the same thing and explained that others have connecting flights. They did not say that on my late flight where I had to make a connection, which I missed. Nobody wants to be told told to move quickly because you screwed up!