Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

People Saving Seats

rabdenver
Explorer C

Lots of people saving seats. People bringing animals on-board to get pre-boarding. It's so laissez faire by Southwest it invalidates paying $40 for Business A1-15. If I really can take any seat I want, why can't I just take all of them and charge other passengers, in cash, to have one of my reserved seats. 

14 REPLIES 14

Re: People Saving Seats

judygolfing
Explorer C
Solution

I've experienced this on every flight I've taken lately, either enforce a policy of no saving seats or do away with Early Bird.

spacecoastbill
Frequent Flyer B

@judygolfing wrote:

I've experienced this on every flight I've taken lately, either enforce a policy of no saving seats or do away with Early Bird.

People faking a medical condition and pre boarding is more of a problem than EBCI.

Its really easy, when they say the seat is saved, and there is not a body in it.... if you want it just sit there.  They are free to call the FA over.

nostresshere
Adventurer C
Solution

Another thread that has been hashed and beaten to death.

I could waste my time and yours discussing this, but it is not worth it. Much more is WRITTEN about it, than what actually happens onboard - based on my 50+ flights in the past year.

The current policy of "no policy" works.  

spacecoastbill
Frequent Flyer B

Written on several forums, which logically means that it is an issue.

Maybe you are just not watching it happen or ignoring it.

The "no policy" is sticking your head in the sand and inviting confrontations and issues due to the irresponsible "lack of a position"....which means that it does not work.

@nostresshere wrote:

Another thread that has been hashed and beaten to death.

I could waste my time and yours discussing this, but it is not worth it. Much more is WRITTEN about it, than what actually happens onboard - based on my 50+ flights in the past year.

The current policy of "no policy" works.  

spacecoastbill
Frequent Flyer B

Just ignore those claiming they are saving a seat.  If there is not a warm body in the seat and you want it.... just sit there.

Dkasp
Adventurer C

A guy was a list and sat in the front seats.  He saved the other two front seats for his wife and daughter right in front of the agent.  I asked to sit thee and he said no that his wife would not be happy!  I wasn’t happy. I too was a list.

spacecoastbill
Frequent Flyer B

That was your choice not to sit there if you wanted to.

@Dkasp wrote:

A guy was a list and sat in the front seats.  He saved the other two front seats for his wife and daughter right in front of the agent.  I asked to sit thee and he said no that his wife would not be happy!  I wasn’t happy. I too was a list.

ronnyradio
Adventurer A

I hear ya Bill but not too many would want to sit there for what may be hours next to someone who is giving you the stink eye for the whole flight or to cause a confrontation even tthough the seat-saver is also responsible...just not a great situation and one that won't change until some hot-heads really get into it...

spacecoastbill
Frequent Flyer B

@ronnyradio wrote:

I hear ya Bill but not too many would want to sit there for what may be hours next to someone who is giving you the stink eye for the whole flight or to cause a confrontation even tthough the seat-saver is also responsible...just not a great situation and one that won't change until some hot-heads really get into it...

Let them.  I just laugh at them.  

They will get up and leave to go sit with the people they wanted to save the seats for.