Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Please help me in Punta Cana where I’m stuck and getting no answers

Merk13
Explorer C

My flight to Buffalo NY through Ft. Lauderdale (413) is now delayed from 5:05 p.m.  to 8 p.m. I can’t contact any English speaking Southwest reservations or customer assistance as the telephone is answered in Spanish and hangs up. I have no flight home to Buffalo and will be stuck in Ft. Lauderdale overnight with NO ONE telling me anything....am I re-booked, will I get a hotel to sleep in—nothing?? What’s worse...Southwest employees in Punta Cana’s answer was....don’t worry you’ll get home. It wasn’t until I showed them my cell phone that they realized I won’t get home. I HAD a funeral at 8:45 a.m. I was trying to get home for on 2/16. We are getting NO INFO here and I need to know when I can expect to arrive in Buffalo. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Please help me in Punta Cana where I’m stuck and getting no answers

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

If you have the internet - looks like you do if you are on this community board - I would try the Twitter account @SouthwestAir if you have a twitter account - don't send any name or confirmation number information until they ask you to direct message them.

Or call the general Southwest number, your call doesn't seem to be about the Punta Cana leg to FLL, it's the FLL to Buffalo leg which is domestic, I'd call the domestic line not the Punta Cana line.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Merk13
Explorer C

I have tried every single phone number there is from Punta Cana and they all get answered by the same Spanish-speaking recording and then it hangs up. I texted a colleague in N.Y.  She called Southwest for me with my flight saga. They claim they are trying to get a flight from Lauderdale to Buffalo at 10:35 p.m. THAT seems highly unlikely. I have emailed SW’s media relations too in the hopes someone will answer.  Totally ridiculous. The SW crews here are ridiculous.  I had to show them my cell phone illustrating my flights so they would understand I will miss my connecting flight.

Merk13
Explorer C

Thanks for the thought though...keep them coming!