Southwest Airlines Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-boarding

Craigp
New Arrival

When is Southwest going to enforce their preboard policy of allowing only 1 person to accompany a preboard person.  Having a whole family preboard is not right.  

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Pre-boarding

elijahbrantley
Rising Star
Solution

In my experience the enforcement of this varies, but I believe it should be enforced. While I try to never pass judgement about who is medically prebiarding (not all disabilities are visible), it does bother me when 5 adults board with the individual. 

But the human side in me also realizes the need for exceptions. Ex: a dad is in a wheelchair and needs his wife to help him but the have two small kids. The kids can’t board alone!

I would encourage you to reach out directly to SW using the contact us link below to share this feedback. 

-A List Preferred, Companion Pass holder, Community Champion.

Froggy812
New Arrival

Southwest follows nothing with there polices when it pertains to pre-boarding . I boarded A2 and there were 3 people who were on the the fligh and I am a third of the way back on the plane. All business travelers should boycott Southwest when possible until they have a realistic policy that they follow.

Zevsupport

Be sure to share this directly with the airline, either via Twitter or customer service: https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html. The team is always looking to improve the service and experience for everyone, and sharing your feedback can make all the difference!

Safe travels,

Zev
Community Champion and Companion Pass Holder