Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

RUDE Southwest Gate Agent

markc
Explorer C

My fiance flew today (November 2, 2017) from Love Field in Dallas on Flight 24. She was unfamiliar with the boarding and seat selection process @Southwest and asked the gate agent about seat assignments and when to board. The agent very rudely yelled at my fiance that she was in Group B. Shocked at the behavior, my fiance said she has never been treated so rudely by any other airline and will never fly Southwest again. Neither will I.

The SWA mission statement:

"The mission of Southwest Airlines is dedication to the highest quality of customer service delivered with a sense of warmth, friendliness, individual pride, and company spirit." 

The gate agent apparently never got the memo. Regardless, we will redirect our future air travel to other airlines. It's a shame. a little "warmth, friendliness, individual pride and company spirit" would have made all the difference.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: RUDE Southwest Gate Agent

chgoflyer
Aviator A

FYI, this forum isn't a customer service channel. Your best bet is to contact Southwest directly, via the email form on the website.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @markc

I'm sorry to hear about your fiance's experience. Of course, we want to make it right, but we do not address Customer Service issues in the Southwest Community. This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum. Please contact a Customer Service Representative in one of the ways listed here

Coastercub
Explorer B

Never let an experience with one bad employee keep you from doing business with any company. You are giving that employee too much power ! Reach out to Southwest a airlines and give them a chance to make it right!