Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rudeness and discrimination on the curbside check in

Malrob
Explorer C

I pulled up to the curbside check in at Birmingham Shuttlesworth Airport. So like everyone else that was checkin in I put my bag up there for them to check mine in also. But little did i

I know the man at the check in post wanted to discriminate. I watched as he checked in the white passengers with no problem. He did not weigh there bags at all. But when he got to me. He took my bag an put it on the scale. I politely ask him why did you not weigh the other white patrons bags. But you weighed mine. The worker told me he doesn't have to weigh the bags! He can look at the bags and tell how much they weigh! So my question to him is how can you look at a bag and tell how much it weighs?!  I told him you did not weigh any of the white peoples bag that was in front of us, But when we get up to the front of the line you want to weigh my bag! He proceeded to tell me that he didn't need ro weigh  their bag because he can look and tell ! I told him I paid for my ticket just like they did. But you did not weigh any of the 6 white passengers before us! He still was saying that he can look at the bags and tell how much they weigh, My question to the worker was then why did you choose to weigh my bags?!. Since you didn't weigh anybody else's. I have a live video of this incident and will be posting this to social media!