Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest attendances do not give a proper service and my reservation is now cancelled

Conny12
Explorer C

Hi all, I have had several difficulties to get my reservation on Southwest Airlines at El Paso, Texas. I prefered to go to the airport to directly buy my tickets but they told me that my card was not accepted so the attendance told me that I can pay my reservation by phone. However, she didn´t tell me that I had only 24 hours to pay and my reservation got cancelled. After that, I made a new reservation by phone but as I needed to pay in cash they told me that I needed to go one more time to the airport. Then, I went to the airport and payed my reservation but now the attendance told me that he didn´t have paper to gave me a ticket about my payment and he just told me everything is ok. Now, I checked my reservation and it is cancelled! Why?? how?? If I made my payment directly in the airport. What am I now suppossed to do? is there anyone who have had this problem too?? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Southwest attendances do not give a proper service and my reservation is now cancelled

jksobonya
Aviator A

This thread is over a year old and I doubt this user will be back, but I have several questions about what the user attempted to do:

1) The user preferred to go to the airport to purchase tickets. OK. That's not entirely out of the realm of possibility, so let's go with it.

2) "My card was not accepted." Debit card? Credit card? Gift card? Other?

3) "The attendance told me that I can pay my reservation by phone." Why not just pay with a different card or form of payment at the counter? This is where things start to go astray. 

4) "I made a new reservation by phone but as I needed to pay in cash they told me to go to the airport." ...what? What about the card you tried to pay with in Step 2? In addition: how can you make a reservation by phone and 'pay in cash'? If you didn't give any payment information while on the phone, did you ever really have a reservation? 

5) "I went to the airport and paid my reservation." In cash? OK. Let's continue. "The attendance told me that he didn't have paper to give me a ticket about my payment and he just told me everything is OK." I assume the user means they couldn't get a receipt. In this extremely unusual situation, I wouldn't leave until getting some sort of confirmation that I paid for my airfare with cash. 

6) "I checked my reservation and it's cancelled." 

After all this I can only assume that the user never had a reservation at all, but it's extremely hard to say. I've never tried booking a Southwest reservation over the phone, but of course before the days of the internet, booking via phone was much more common. Even so: I didn't think you could make a reservation over the phone, and proceed to pay in cash in person at the airport. How would that even work? Do you have to go to the airport within 24 hours to pay? What if you don't go to the airport for a week or a month? I assume your flight would get canceled if you don't show up to pay -- assuming you can even do this at all. 

So many questions, not enough answers.

--Jessica 

Re: Southwest attendances do not give a proper service and my reservation is now cancelled

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

I believe in the days before the mandatory 24 cancelation window existed you could put a reservation on hold over the phone then complete the purchase later at the ticket counter, which would line up with what this customer was trying to do. That is no longer an option so much of the discussion is now irrelevant. Cash, and all other forms of payment, is accepted at the airport counter, but the purchase must be completed in one transaction/interaction.

--TheMiddleSeat