Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Southwest sucks

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@spacecoastbill wrote:

I agree, but it seems like you spend quite a bit of time on here............

Of course he does. He's a Community Champion.  😉

cz7p4q
Explorer B

Denver is NOT podunk and it is over half way to my final destination. My luggage went to Denver and got to my final destination 12 hours before me. Had I been allowed to board the flight for which I had a valid ticket to board, I would have arrived at my destination 12 hours earlier with my luggage. The reason I wasn’t allowed to board the flight to Denver was if I missed my connecting flight, Southwest WOULD be obligated to provide a hotel. 

Instead I slept on a bench at BWI for the SECOND consecutive flight to California. I got a Luv Voucher  for twice what a hotel would have cost. I am expected to cash it in for more free bad Southwest service. 

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

spacecoastbill, I firmly believe that dfwskier is known for Southwest apologist. Believe me. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@DfDrPepper_23 wrote:

spacecoastbill, I firmly believe that dfwskier is known for Southwest apologist. Believe me. 

Partially disagree - he's recommended an awful lot of people to write letters to Gary Kelly! He also has told several people that if open seating causes you too much stress, try something else.

I can say for myself that I am a fan of Southwest for sure, I've learned many ways to navigate their system, and on the community I'll focus on things  that can be helpful to others, as opposed to any criticisms that I have that do not appear to be readily resolvable. i.e. seat saving and pre-boards.

The Southwest operational system has many unique features among the major air carriers, and I'm here to help people constructively navigate those features so that hopefully they have a great experience. I'm sure Southwest benefits by having more people that enjoy their flight as well...good for them too for providing this outlet for people to help other people.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

cz7p4q
Explorer B

I am amused to be satisfied Southwest passenger/customer but am now amcompletely dissatisfied with Southwest. They refused to let me board a flight from Baltimore to Denver because I was at risk of missing my connecting flight to California. The flight to Denver left late but it did leave and my luggage went with it. I had a paid legitimate ticket but wasn't allowed to board. Instead I slept on a bench in Baltimore for the second consecutive trip to California. The first was in June. Southwest refused to give me a hotel. Instead I got a Luv Voucher for twice the cost of a hotel, which I view as free bad service.

My next trip is to Oklahoma City the first week of Dec. This time I am flying American Airlines to OKC and flying Southwest back so I will have a real-time comparison. I am also flying out of Reagan instead of BWI. Maybe the problem is related to Southwest employees in Baltimore.

I am eliminating a variables related to my two consecutive bad experiences. If I have another bad experience with Southwest I will be completely done with them and BWI.  If I have a great experience with American I will begin flying them exclusively out of Reagan. 

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I think that most of these points have been more than adequately made here, but I have a few thoughts to echo/add:

• I'm sorry you had a really rough experience!  It's unfortunate, and it could have happened on any airline.
  • I also encourage you to give SW the chance to make it right; then, evaluate how you feel about where to spend your money.  If another airline is the right answer, do what is best for you!

For me personally, I have flown countless miles with all the major airlines here in the US.  I had status for a number of years with another carrier, and have had status with SW for a number of years now.  My personal experiences have shown me that -- overall -- SW employees care for their customers and provide better customer service than the other domestic US airlines.  I could tell you many stories where SW has gone above and beyond.  There was the time they allowed me to change my SW flight for free when another airline's delay caused a conflict.  There was the time they held my connecting flight for me and welcomed me onto the flight by name.  There was the time that a baggage agent helped me with my bag and text me personally the next day with an update and an apology for the situation. 

I'm sorry your experiences have not been so great because I and so many folks I know experience the opposite every day on SW.  Smiling employees work hard to create good experiences, and my personal experience is that they work harder when things go wrong.

Regardless of the solution, I hope that you are able to find an airline that adequately meets your needs.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

Well it seems that the passenger/customer thing might helps you out. But not much of help. I am sorry that the employees or customer service representative couldn't help you out. Best of luck with American Airlines.Smiley LOL

TravelGal
Explorer C

You are incorrect.. no one from corporate will respond. 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Admin here. I have responded and offered @cz7p4q information about how to contact Southwest Airlines directly so we can give the appropriate attention to any Customer Service issues that need to be addressed. The Southwest Community welcomes different viewpoints, but we ask that you please review the Community Guidelines before engaging in conversation. 

Community Champions are trusted voices within the Southwest Community. They are Customers with acquired expertise in travel, and they volunteer their time to answer questions and provide resources to others. They are not Employees. 

The Community is a peer-to-peer discussion forum. For a formal response to a Customer Service issue, please use any of the methods listed here to contact a Southwest Airlines Representative.