Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Stopped Boarding Due to a Mechanical Issue

neilfeldman
Explorer B

Well in Long Island for Flight 2391 to Orlando on 10/22, the Pre-Board and A group boarded in which I was in pre-board due to my wife, but the process stopped when the captain found a bird was lodged inside the left engine. We got delayed for 3 hours before everyone boarded and was on their way. First up, kudos to the gate agent for stopping the boarding process, and the Captain for letting us all know our safety was first before we went up in the air! Yes we were delayed, but what would you rather have, a delay, or an engine failure in flight? Yes bad start but great end!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Stopped Boarding Due to a Mechanical Issue

bgubs14
Frequent Flyer C

Ah intense! Feel bad for the bird but I’m glad they found it before you took off !

bec102896
Aviator A

@neilfeldman

I'm sorry your flight was late because of a bird strike. I agree I would rather the boarding be stopped rather than everyone board and then deplane as it's a pain. 

feel free to send Southwest a DM on twitter or Facebook so they can pass on your thanks to the pilot and ops agent (they might be able to issue you a voucher for the long delay as well) 

Hope your next flight is delay free!

Blake 

neilfeldman
Explorer B

Actually was quite surprised that later in the day I got an email for a $150 per person voucher that is good for up to a year. Thanks for replying on that!