Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Worst Experience with Soutwest

nikkigay42
Explorer C

On May 22, will be a date that I never forget flying with Southwest.

Normally Southwest is dependable and courteous but my husband and I experienced something very different!

we missed our flight by 5 minutes.  The guy taking the tickets didn't even bother to say let me see if we can help nope.  Rude!!

our seats were given away right in front of us while we were waiting in line!!!!!! Once we went thru standing in line for over and hour no one even bothered to let us know the so called tickets we were given were only standby vouchers!!! Getting on the plane we were told we had to go back to the desk only to stand in line for 15 minutes to see if we even could get on.  I don't know what was going on at Southwest but all of the employees were looking st their computers as if they had never seen one in their life!!!

So we were sent from Atlanta to Las Vegas going to  Nebraska only to have 3 hour layover: we arrived at 1:00 am.  

So needless to say, we are done with Southwest and evidently no one cares but I had to get our experience out there for anyone else that might be looking to fly Southwest. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Worst Experience with Soutwest

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

I'm sorry this happened, but how is it Southwest's fault if you were late by 5 minutes? 

himachal
Explorer C

I am loyal 10+ years customer with southwest and probably fly 250K+ miles each year due to business travel. I have booked for afamily of 8 including parents long waited family vacation from sacramento to Florida. I travel a lot and almost evry flight after 5 PM last 1+ years run late which travelling alone I manage. But on 08/04/2017, I booked first flight (2042 sacramento to Tampa)at  5.20 AM knowing southwest delays to take family on time to florida ealy. We woke up 3 am in morning to find out our flight got cancelled. 1+ hours with southwest on phone finally rebboked with 2 connections taking a infant and old parents 3 other kids reaching if flight goes on time 11.20 PM. First of all who will compensate for the day we lost not reaching on time 3 PM and booked going to Disney at Orlando? We lost our boarding positions, now infants etc all will be sick going late and I know southwest now days don;t care . 

I am after long 10 years going to switch my business travel from southwest to American. As long at least with status which I already do with American, their flight will be on time and no fees etc. 

Rebecca_bacino
Explorer C

Anyone who has ever worked in the service industry knows that they provide a service and sometimes things happen that are beyond your control. Someone should be accommodating and understanding, not rude (to all customers, but especially to a good customer).  I don't think they blamed southwest because they were 5 minutes late; they blamed southwest because of the way they were treated afterwards!!

@PDFelter wrote:

I'm sorry this happened, but how is it Southwest's fault if you were late by 5 minutes?