Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Worst boarding experience I have ever seen on any flight

Jmravcak
Explorer C

SW is out of control with allowing dogs & cats on planes. I thought I had seen everything until flight 1916 Denver to PHL.

SW now allows 20 yr old passengers w/ no apparent disabilities who bring Pit Bulls on plane w/ Fake service jackets to Pre board before Handicap Passengers in wheelchairs.

I am embarrassed that I fly on this airline today! Shame on you!

gate agent Dominic has his hands tied because you are afraid to tell someone no but he still handled it poorly & allowing it.

many passerengers made comments & were appalled.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Worst boarding experience I have ever seen on any flight

dfwskier
Aviator A

Airlines (Southwest included) allow suport animals to travel with their humans as long as proof of medical/emotional need is documented by a professional. It's that way on all airlines.

If it an't a supprt animal and it's small enough to go under seat, it goes in a cage with it's human.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

Airlines (Southwest included) allow suport animals to travel with their humans as long as proof of medical/emotional need is documented by a professional. It's that way on all airlines.

If it an't a supprt animal and it's small enough to go under seat, it goes in a cage with it's human.

Actually, while documentation is required by carriers for Emotional Support Animals and Psychiatric Support Animals, Service Animals don't require any, in accordance with the Air Carrier Access Act. And it's very easy to purchase realistic-looking Service Animal vests and other paraphernalia online. 

The DOT is considering proposed changes or new rules governing animals onboard commercial carriers, and is seeking comments from all interested parties. More info here: 

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/16/dot-seeks-public-comment-about-emotional-support-animals-on-flights....

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Jmravcak wrote:

SW is out of control with allowing dogs & cats on planes. I thought I had seen everything until flight 1916 Denver to PHL.

SW now allows 20 yr old passengers w/ no apparent disabilities who bring Pit Bulls on plane w/ Fake service jackets to Pre board before Handicap Passengers in wheelchairs.

I am embarrassed that I fly on this airline today! Shame on you!

gate agent Dominic has his hands tied because you are afraid to tell someone no but he still handled it poorly & allowing it.

many passerengers made comments & were appalled.

Southwest, or airlines in general?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.