Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

mobile boarding pass not working correctly

danfox
Explorer C

I've been flying SWA for 20 years or so now, and like it a lot. Recently, I've noticed that the QR code is not displaying at all, in either Firefox or Chrome. I think that this might coincide with my phone being "improved"with Android version 9. I have a Google Pixel 2 XL. Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: mobile boarding pass not working correctly

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hello.

Why would you be using a browser when you could be using the Southwest app for Android?

Downlooad that and I suspect your problem will be solved.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@danfox wrote:

I've been flying SWA for 20 years or so now, and like it a lot. Recently, I've noticed that the QR code is not displaying at all, in either Firefox or Chrome. I think that this might coincide with my phone being "improved"with Android version 9. I have a Google Pixel 2 XL. Any ideas?

Is the option still available when you check in to have the boarding pass texted to you?

David

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Yes. From the Android app, you can have it texted to you, emailed to you, or saved to a Google Pay wallet!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Note that if you select the option to have the mobile boarding pass sent via text, you actually receive only a link to access the boarding pass, not the actual boarding pass itself. You still need to save the boarding pass to your phone once you've accessed it via the provided link. 

chrisclassic
Explorer C

Understood, but the barcode doesn't render when the link is opened.  Without the rendering, you can't save to photos, Google Pay or anywhere else.  If I forward the text to anybody with a lower version of Andriod it works.  This is an Andriod 9 issue.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@chrisclassic wrote:

Understood, but the barcode doesn't render when the link is opened.  Without the rendering, you can't save to photos, Google Pay or anywhere else.  If I forward the text to anybody with a lower version of Andriod it works.  This is an Andriod 9 issue.

Got it, I was hoping that accessing it that way would render, but it sounds like not. As @chgoflyer pointed out it's a link to the necessary graphic, so whatever the issue is with mobile website or app, it's the same for using the direct web link.

I'm not Android saavy - are there any alternate browsers available on that operating system that might hand the graphic differently? If its fundamental to the version of Android then I think it's going to be a challenge.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@chrisclassic wrote:

I have to admit that I am a bit confused.

Admittedly I  may be seeing something different than you since I'm running android 7.0, but I check in via Southest's app (version 5.7.0) and never access a browser. The app let's me check in, view my boarding pass, and save the pass to either google pay or my photo album. QR code is always visible.

Is that  process  not working for you?

chrisclassic
Explorer C
This is an operating system error

I am using Andriod 9 aka Pi which is the latest operating system.  The barcodes from Southwest and any other service using Mobiqa are not rendering.  While most of the Andriod users do not have Andriod 9, I am looking for an answer.  See below developer comment in google issue tracker.

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/111116577#comment1

dfwskier
Aviator A

@chrisclassic wrote:
This is an operating system error

I am using Andriod 9 aka Pi which is the latest operating system.  The barcodes from Southwest and any other service using Mobiqa are not rendering.  While most of the Andriod users do not have Andriod 9, I am looking for an answer.  See below developer comment in google issue tracker.

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/111116577#comment1

I noticed that the screenshots were of a Delta boarding pass, so the issue affects more than Southwest.