Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

saving seats

buzzchris
Adventurer B

I flew Southwest for 11 years for business and vacation trips. Often I was able to get A!-A15 and sit in the emergency exit rows which was nice since I am 6'3".  Twice during that time, A passenger in front of me saved both emergency exit rows for his entire family. The FA, who was standing right there, allowed him to do it, stating Southwest doesn't have a "saved seat" policy.  ?!. Very often, I have seen a passenger save the entire emergency row (remaining two seats) for his family.  I saw a fight almost break out because of that on one trip.   Yesterday, a neighbor of mine flew Southwest and stated a passenger in front of him saved both entire emergency exit rows.!  that nuts!.  The FA was right there and did nothing.    If a passenger has an A list or A1-A15, that passenger should have a good chance of getting the emerg row seating.    Southwest should have a policy of NO SAVING of seats in the emergency row. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: saving seats

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

The flight attendant told you the policy: "Southwest does not ban seat saving," so the FA couldn't tell the seat savers to "stop it" because they were not doing anything wrong - by SW policy. Should it be allowed? Lots of people think not.

You should make your opinion known to the airline by sending an e-mail. To do so click on contact us at the bottom of this page and then picking e-mail from the choices on the top left of the ensuing page.

buzzchris
Adventurer B

I did send two emails. One yesterday. The same reply: SW does not have a "saved seat" policy and does not intervene unless it inteferes with boarding. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

My pont was that I thought that you should send the airline an e-mail about changing the policy. You could write to the CEO of the airline.