Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

switching planes and the order in which I board

stvd1
Explorer C

If I switch planes what postition do I reboard ? Do I board in the same slot as the first plane ? I am buying the early bird check in for this flight from Las Vegas to Milwaukee.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: switching planes and the order in which I board

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

When you check in, you'll receive 2 boarding passes -- each with a unique boarding position for each individual flight. And since you've bought EarlyBird Check-In, you'll be put in order among all those who also bought EBCI for each separate flight, based on the EBCI purchase date (earlier coming first).

bec102896
Aviator A

Just to add to what chgoflyer said if you are booked on a 1 stop or 2 stop no plane change you will only get 1 boarding pass so if that plane is swapped and you have to board a new plane you would board first (before or right after pre boarders). 

If its a scheduled route like LAS change planes in PHX then on to MKE then you would get 2 boarding passes and would board at the appropriate time with that flights boarding position as mentioned above 

hope this helps

Blake 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

If you didn't have EBCI, then you still would check in for the first flight and get boarding passes for both - since you are a little bit ahead of the 24-hour time for the second flight your connecting flight will tend to have better boarding position than your originating flight, subject to several other variables that could make it higher or lower position.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.