Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A list preferred getting B group positions

bgshap
Explorer B

Reently the system is not recognizing my A-List Preffered status when assigning a boarding position and I've received B-Group numbers. I've been told it's a system wide issue. One of the A-List perks is the earlier boarding positions. When will this be resolved and what, if anything, will be done besides ... offering boarding before the B-Group is called?

23 REPLIES 23

Re: A list preferred getting B group positions

basslaw2010
Frequent Flyer B

Southwest is working on the issue and there is no known exact time when it will be fixed. That said, anytime you don't get an A boarding position and you are Tier, you can board after the A group, before family boarding and before B group.

bgshap
Explorer B

I am aware of that policy, but that doesn't help wth the preferred seating that my normal boarding position usually allows me to obtain

AQJazz
Explorer C

You were lucky to get B, I got C.  Very disappointing.

mmustoe
Explorer C

I just ran into the same issue.  I called Southwest and talked to both a reservations agent who offered no solution, and then referred me to a Customer Relations number, who also provided no solution to their error.  It's amazing they think that offering to board after the rest of the A group boards is a reasonable solution.  Rarely are all of the Business Class slots taken.  How about they offer those up to their most loyal customers?  Big miss for a company that brags on their customer service.  It sure let's me know where I stand as a "preferred" customer.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The correct thing to do would be to board A-Listers after Business Select. They're not doing that of course -- it's not often Southwest does the right thing these days -- even when it's as simple as something like this. 😞

Yessam
Explorer B

things have changed at SWA, the people in the office do not understand IT or customer service

STL_Rxer
Explorer C

Happened to me yesterday.  My husband flying on my Companion Pass, for whom we paid for Early Bird Boarding, got A-20.  I got something in the B's . I called the A-LIst line and asked if I could board with my husband and was told no.  Now come on, we are flying together and he is on my companion pass.  Why was that not a reasonable request to accommodate? At no cost to Southwest.  

I used to be A-list Preferred and now I remember why I stopped saying Southwest as often.  There is no loyalty to those of us who have status in their loyalty program.  ( BTW - I posted on this yesterday and it has not been published.  It was a polite note - just maybe too honest of an assessment for them.)

bgshap
Explorer B

another thread mentioned buying the Business Select upgrade at the gate and getting reimbursed from Southwest ... that sounds like wishful thinking

STL_Rxer
Explorer C

Check your email to see the pathetic excuse of an explanation and "apology".  Southwest Airlines -  YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF.