Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Are there new pre-board requirements??

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@tpegan wrote:

In the 100's of times I've flown Southwest I've never heard this group mentioned by the gate attendant.  It's always A-Listers, Family and military in uniform that can go between A and B.  I have never heard them mention a group that would fall into a boarder that needs extra time.  I'm not saying you're wrong but it must be such an infrequent occurrence they don't feel the need to mention it.

I agree that it must be relatively rare compared to the regular preboarding. I've heard on here of at least a few people being directed to do that. I don't konw if I've seen it or not, either not paying attention, or it may be relatively rare as you mentioned...Southwest may only announce it if they know there are people that will be using it, or maybe they tell people to just line up with family boarding...I don't know for sure.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Mamie74
Explorer C

What about someone with an issue with dizziness and standing.? What about someone with autism? It’s best not to be queued if you have syncope and it’s best to get on the plane quickly and tune out with ear phones if you are autistic. The problem with the current rules is they ignore a number of disabilities that are challenged by a long boarding process. The flight crews are not medical experts and if you can show a disabled parking placard with the matching ID you should be able to preboard. These rules demonstrate a lot of ignorance toward the special needs community. I agree that being 60 or 80 shouldnt automatically qualify a person to preboard - the waits at Florida airports are ridiculous as they load 10 people over 80 one at a time!

StAugustine
Frequent Flyer C

Having a disabled parking placard should not by itself qualify someone to preboard. I have a disabled parking placard but do not need to preboard. Also, I do not carry my placard on the plane.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@StAugustine wrote:

Having a disabled parking placard should not by itself qualify someone to preboard. I have a disabled parking placard but do not need to preboard. Also, I do not carry my placard on the plane.

It wouldn't, you still have to answer the questions when you request preboarding about how the boarding process will affect you.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

spacecoastbill
Frequent Flyer B

Watch how many nut allergies will appear from the new AA preboarding to those with nut allergies.