Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Boarding via both front _and_ back doors

holimukei
Explorer C

We're flying and over 70. We've done this before at another airport and while we were in B and C groups with pretty good numbers, the younger folks with later numbers ended up boarding before we did and taking either aisle or window seats (we like the same row, and one of each.) While the jet bridge is tied up with people stowing luggage, the sprint through the back means they have boarding priority. We bought early check in numbers but now find that that may be a waste of money. I've began to recognize it by what it is... faster loading for the airlines and AGE discrimination, prohibited here in California. Guess finding a good lawyer should be our next stop after we get back from Christmas... sad

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Boarding via both front _and_ back doors

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@holimukei wrote:

We're flying and over 70. We've done this before at another airport and while we were in B and C groups with pretty good numbers, the younger folks with later numbers ended up boarding before we did and taking either aisle or window seats (we like the same row, and one of each.) While the jet bridge is tied up with people stowing luggage, the sprint through the back means they have boarding priority. We bought early check in numbers but now find that that may be a waste of money. I've began to recognize it by what it is... faster loading for the airlines and AGE discrimination, prohibited here in California. Guess finding a good lawyer should be our next stop after we get back from Christmas... sad

I've only heard of this at a couple of airports, if you were flying in California it may have been Burbank where I've observed this. I've heard of FLL having some gates that do this as well but not seen it in person there. 

You should try the customer relations phone number if you are interested to pursue with Southwest any further about your purchase of early bird or boarding position. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Gimme a break. Go ahead and waste your money on a lawyer. There is no age discrimination here.

Oh, and I'm 69 and in the same boat as you. doing my 35 flights a year.

If you have trouble getting on board, you might want to try early boarding. Viola, problem solved. 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

We're very sorry for any frustration, @holimukei. As a peer-to-peer support forum, we are not equipped to assist you here, but we encourage you to reach out via the options in the link below. Thanks!

Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint

Nicole
Community Manager