Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Checked in on the app & can't print boarding pass on desktop

gculberson
Explorer C

I checked in on the mobile app yesterday. After checking in it said that I could get my pass from a kiosk, the desk, or I could print it from the desktop site. After logging into my account from a computer it's asking me to check into my flight again. I'm afraid to do this because it's now been over 12 hours since I checked in so I might lose my place in line. Does anyone know what this issue is here? Should I just wait until I get to the airport to print my boarding passes?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Checked in on the app & can't print boarding pass on desktop

chgoflyer
Aviator A

No, that;s just how the system works. It's odd, I know. But if you check in again it should still have for you the position you reserved when you checked in earlier.

Re: Checked in on the app & can't print boarding pass on desktop

bec102896
Aviator A

Hello

checking in again will not hurt your boarding position if you haven't made any changes to your flight when checking in online it says check in all the time even if you checked in already its weird but it won't hurt your boarding position. You could check in 100 times if you wanted and your boarding position would be the same every time. if you print the pass at home fold it in half as it is easier for the gate agent to scan. You could also use mobile boarding pass if you are on the reservation alone if you don't want to check in again on the website  

hope this helps

blake