Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Daylight Saving Time 2020 Check-in

IRB
Explorer C

When traveling on Sunday March 8, 2020, will SW allow check-in 23 or 24 hours prior to flight?  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Daylight Saving Time 2020 Check-in

dfwskier
Aviator A

IDK the answer to your question, but if you have a 5pm flight on Sunday, you could try checking in at 23 hours , and it that doesn't work, then try agin at 24 hours.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

IDK the answer to your question, but if you have a 5pm flight on Sunday, you could try checking in at 23 hours , and it that doesn't work, then try agin at 24 hours.

I think you may have that backwards. 😉

Southwest usually issues an advisory or Twitter/Facebook post about this each year, but I don't see anything. Which is probably ok, since their guidance has sometimes been confusing and/or incorrect. 😉

From memory, I seem to recall that check in should be at the same time on the clock, one day earlier. For example, if your flight is at 5pm Sunday, check in at 5pm Saturday. (Which would actually be 23 clock hours prior to departure.)

I personally would recommend, however, that you first try to check in at 24 clock hours prior, just in case. (There have been past reports of people being able to do so, which means waiting until the same time one day earlier would be checking in one hour into the check-in window.) That means, if your flight is at 5pm Sunday, check in at 4pm Saturday (24 clock hours prior).

Please come back and let us know how it all worked out!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

My recollection was that both time change days use the observed time that matches the scheduled time the day before.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

For what it's worth, I'm seeing reports that people were able to check in at 24 hours prior to scheduled departure, which today is one clock hour earlier then the departure time tomorrow. (Check in at 4pm for a 5pm departure.)