Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

EB Check-in - 1 group, 2 reservations

lehmaac
Explorer C

Our group of 5 (2 adults, 3 children) is divided into 2 reservations. My daughter & I booked using points, the toher 3 tickets were purchased. All 5 tickets have EB checkin. Is there a way to link the reservations to increase the chances of sitting next to each other? Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Re: EB Check-in - 1 group, 2 reservations

dfwskier
Aviator A

@lehmaac wrote:

Our group of 5 (2 adults, 3 children) is divided into 2 reservations. My daughter & I booked using points, the toher 3 tickets were purchased. All 5 tickets have EB checkin. Is there a way to link the reservations to increase the chances of sitting next to each other? Thanks

Afternoon.

There's no point in doing what you asked. Why? Because boarding position priorities were determined by date/time of the respective EBCI purchases. Those were set when each of the two reservations were completed.  So linking the reservations won't change that.

If one party has boarding positions dramatically different than the other you have two options:

1)  Have the earlier party board and save seats (if that's the party of 3 that makes it easier)

2) Have the earlier party join the later party in the boarding process - of course boarding later increases the risk of adjacent seats not being available.