Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early Bird check in

terrielynn
Explorer C

First time I've ever purchased early bird check in.  I'm confused ... so does this mean I can do on-line check-in 36 hours prior to my flight?  Or is it still 24 hours before my flight?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Early Bird check in

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@terrielynn 

When you buy Early Bird check in Southwest (there system) will check you in 36 hours before your flight. You won’t be able to obtain your boarding pass or see your boarding position until 24 hours before your flight. Your position should be assigned in order of those who bought EB meaning if I bought EB before you I should have a slightly better boarding position (assuming the system works right)

Hope this helps

Blake 

terrielynn
Explorer C

That answers my question, Thank you Blake

im409gal
Explorer C

I have once again PAID for Early Check In and once again had to check in myself because your system did NOT do it.   This is the second time this has happened and so inconvient.  I expect to be checked in and look and its not like this morning and had to do myself.  I am requesting a FULL refund of $75-100 to this non exsisting service.

Not a Happy Camper.

Peggy Wise

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@im409gal wrote:

I have once again PAID for Early Check In and once again had to check in myself because your system did NOT do it.   This is the second time this has happened and so inconvient.  I expect to be checked in and look and its not like this morning and had to do myself.  I am requesting a FULL refund of $75-100 to this non exsisting service.

Not a Happy Camper.

Peggy Wise

Double check your boarding pass @im409gal  to see if "EBCI" is on there. If so the "check-in" did take place. One clarification is that the position assignments take place at T-36 hours, but you still must "retrieve" your boarding pass anytime after T-24 hours. 

The terminology Southwest uses is not very good - you probably were "checked in" as advertised and assigned a position, but you still have to go through the same checkin motions to retrieve your boarding pass and save it to your phone or print it out.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@im409gal wrote:

Not a Happy Camper.

Peggy Wise

As noted, your printed boarding pass will say "EarlyBird Check-In" if you received the service you paid for. What was your boarding position?