Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early bird check in purchased and then became A list prior to flight

AviationScott
Explorer C

I booked a reservation several weeks prior to the flight date and purchased earlybird check-in I have since received A list status making EBCI void. Will Southwest refund the EBCI in such a situation?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Early bird check in purchased and then became A list prior to flight

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Technically, EBCI is non-refundable unless Southwest cancels the flight, but I suspect they may make an exception in your case. It's definitely worth reaching out to Customer Relations to see (I'd recommend calling the A-List line, or via Twitter direct message). Good luck!

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Great question! And one I don’t know the answer to, actually!

Normally, EBCI is non-refundable, but given your situation and loyalty, I would reach out to SW directly to ask. You can use the Contact Us link below, and I recommend the Twitter option. That team is amazing, and they will let you know you options. 

Report back what you find please!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

bec102896
Aviator A

I had this same situation 4 years a go when I first earned A List and I called customer relations and they were able to make an exception and refund the EB fee to my form of payment they also gave me an option of a LUV voucher but I went for the refund. I'd reach out via Twitter or reach out to customer relations at 855-234-4654. 

Feel free to come back and let us know what they are able (or not able) to do as I am curious how they would handle this now. 

-Blake

AviationScott
Explorer C
Solution

wow such great service and really giving them an A for the first test of what was an A+ response....thank you all for your input. 

“Congratulations on achieving A-List status! I'd be happy to refund those EarlyBird Check-In fees as a gesture of goodwill! Keep an eye out for the emails that will confirm the refunds and please allow 10 business days for the credits to post to the original form of payment. We look forward to sharing the skies with you soon! -Amanda”