Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How to retrieve my boarding pass

alan870620
Explorer C

The thing is, I flew via Souhwest Feb 26 amd Mar 3rd, which I already trash my boarding bass, but the company I worked for need the boarding pass for tax purpose, is there anyway I can get my boarding pass via email? I tired to call the customer service today but it was on hold for long time, and since i am currently in Taiwan, the IP is block here for some reason( dunno what reason).

Can any of you give me Southwest's customer service email? or if any of you has idea if they would re-send boarding pass which is a month ago's flight?

Thx

6 REPLIES 6

Re: How to retrieve my boarding pass

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @alan870620

We aren't able to reprint a used boarding pass. However, if you'll reach out to us on Twitter (@SouthwestAir) a Customer Representative will work with you to provide documentation for your employer. 

mbmx13
Explorer C

I am also trying to figure this out. My work is also requiring both boarding passes for a round-trip flight in order to reimburse for the work trip. And to top it all off, Southwest Customer Service is not open on the weekends! I find this out after waiting on the customer service line for a half-hour to be told they are not open on the weekends.

Why is it that I can have my boarding pass on my Southwest App but then I cannot retrieve it for at least a month afterwards? I stupidly thought my work would understand that submitting my first boarding pass would be proof that I went and obviously there had to be some miraculous way for me to return, maybe they assume I sold my return ticket and took the hyperloop or beamed myself back to work after my trip? Since, usually you have to take the same airline ticket back when it is round-trip with a few exceptions, but that just makes too much sense for the federal government, I guess.

This is a new rule and it is across the federal government from what I understand. Southwest and other airlines need to create a process that is easier for business travelers on government orders. The government forces us to take Southwest because they won the contract for certain legs of business trips. While there are other airlines who do allow this process, Southwest needs to get on board with this capability. If they do not, they will get many phone calls from people upset that did not know about this new rule and cannot get reimbursed for government travel. There needs to be a way to retrieve a previous boarding pass.

Obviously, from now on, I will print out the boarding pass before my flight at home and at the hotel before I leave but that does not help me now since this is a new rule that was created within the last month of 2019. Southwest please figure out a solution to retrieve past boarding passes for those of us serving this country so, we can appease the bean counters and their arbitrary rules and regulations that were created to punish the masses for the sins of the few! Thanks!

SWDigits
Aviator A

@mbmx13 wrote:

And to top it all off, Southwest Customer Service is not open on the weekends!

The Southwest Twitter account responds 24x7, their handle is included if you follow the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every forum pages.  I'd be surprised if they aren't able to help you.

Customer | Home airport DCA

dfwskier
Aviator A

Two points here

1) If you check in via the SW app, then you can save your boarding pass to your photo album

where it will remain til you delete it. Then you can print a screenshot of the pass.

2) You can get a flight receipt from the SW website by clicking on past trips. Only flights actually taken show up here.

IMO #2 above is the only "sure" way of proving you took a flight. There are lots of times that I've checked in, gotten   boarding passes, and then changed my mind and did not take the  flights.

So a boarding pass IS NOT proof that you took a flight.

jksobonya
Aviator A

^Very true, and to add to this:

On an iPhone, you can add your boarding pass to your Wallet. The passes will remain there indefinitely until you remove them. Once your flight is completed, the QR code will be inactive and you will see the message 'this pass has expired', but it's still there. I also have a habit of checking in and sending my boarding passes to me via text message, and I then open them and take a screen shot so they are available in my photos as well. Both of these options will allow you to 'retain' your boarding pass after the completion of your flight. 

--Jessica

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

Two points here

1) If you check in via the SW app, then you can save your boarding pass to your photo album

where it will remain til you delete it. Then you can print a screenshot of the pass.

2) You can get a flight receipt from the SW website by clicking on past trips. Only flights actually taken show up here.

IMO #2 above is the only "sure" way of proving you took a flight. There are lots of times that I've checked in, gotten   boarding passes, and then changed my mind and did not take the  flights.

So a boarding pass IS NOT proof that you took a flight.

What do the receipts show, can you only get them for flights flown? That would be the best. Otherwise the same issue exists with email confirmations plus boarding passes - these are strong indicators but it would be possible to change flights after getting a boarding pass.

Asking for boarding passes may be a legacy request that was applicable back in the old days.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.