Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Infinite legroom Seat 12A on 732-700 Plane

byrdbrain591
Adventurer C

I know some of you out there have sat in this treasured Infinite legroom Seat 12A on 732-700 Plane. What do you think of it? Is it the first to be snatched up? Is it cold over there because its by an exit row?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Infinite legroom Seat 12A on 732-700 Plane

gsking
Aviator C
Solution

It's okay.  It's not any colder.  But like flying in the front row, you lose a good tray and it's harder to reach your gear under the seat.

Usually, I'll sit farther back, since I assume that 12B will be taken, and would prefer having an empty seat next to me vs. in front of me.

I guess I'm wider than I am long. 🙂

SWDigits
Aviator A

@byrdbrain591 wrote:

Is it cold over there because its by an exit row?

You won't have a draft if that's what you're asking about Smiley Happy  We always dress in layers when we fly, regardless of the time of the year, as the temperature in the plane will fluctuate during your time on board.

Customer | Home airport DCA

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@SWDigits wrote:

@byrdbrain591 wrote:

Is it cold over there because its by an exit row?

You won't have a draft if that's what you're asking about Smiley Happy  We always dress in layers when we fly, regardless of the time of the year, as the temperature in the plane will fluctuate during your time on board.

For the most part they will keep the door closed, so it will be fine. 

But seriously, I don't enjoy that seat due to the tray table situation and as the other poster said, I guess I'm wider than tall and would rather have elbow room than leg room.

I do like the exit row with a few spare inches which lets me use my laptop keyboard more easily.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

byrdbrain591
Adventurer C

So lacking a tray table, you rest your laptop on your lap? Isn't that uncomfortable?

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

It is overrated to me because of the tray table situation as several have said. It just is not that practical.

I generally like the window or aisle seat in the exit row opposite 12A. You get more legroom but a functional tray table. 

Now I might choose 12A over a regular row, but it isn't my first choice. But if you want to go with "Southwest First Class" as many call it (that joke is tired at this point), enjoy! Smiley Happy

-A List, Companion Pass holder