Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

International travel check in experience

alindenlaub
Explorer C

The SWA check-in experience is stressful enough, but the good folks at SWA have decided to add an exciting little wrinkle and not save any passport information for any travelers on international flights. This imakes for a wonderful discovery after you've set your alarm for Christmas morning to wake up at 6:00 so you can check into your flight 24 hours in advance. Thank you SWA for starting off my vacation on such a sour note. I will endeavor to pay whatever premium to fly some other airline and have an assigned seat when I book the ticket. I feel like I have been officially scammed by SWA. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: International travel check in experience

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Passport information can be added anytime before your flight and does not need to be entered at check-in so you should have been able to check in just fine 24 hours prior to your flight. But if not having an assigned seat is stressful then perhaps Southwest isn't the airline for you. On the other hand, being assigned a seat way in the back of the plane on another airline is basically the same as not checking in 24 hours before the flight on Southwest so why not just skip the "stressful" part of Southwest and check in whenever you feel like it? Or pay for EarlyBird Check-In to remove the "stress" of checking in 24 hours prior to departure and your ticket is probably still cheaper than another airline.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: International travel check in experience

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

We're very sorry if we let you down first thing Christmas morning, @Lindenlaub. As a peer-to-peer support forum, we aren't able to assist you here, but we encourage you to reach out via the options below. Thanks!

Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint

Nicole
Community Manager