Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Iphone App Login issue

Bulldog3874
Explorer C

From what I read not only on this forum, but the internet as well, this is a common problem.

I can log in through my Windows PC with no issues, but when I login via the Southwest App on my Iphone, I get the following error message: "Sorry, we can't seem to connect. Please check your connection and try again. Error: 400418169 (9CC7482E-BE24-49BC-859F-5456C68E45CD:fRjuf-NYTEG45kTqGHaALQ:ios)

Then, if I try to go login through my PC, I am locked out and have to reset my password.

Maybe I am missing something, but I haven't seen a explanation and a fix for this with anything I have read.

I have also contact Southwest App Support and they were of no help what’s so ever!!!!!!

Things I have tried:
      Uninstall & Reinstall App

On WiFi / On Cellular

On multiple devices: (iPad, iPhone, even replaced iPhone)

Rebooted Phone

Shut phone down and back on

Reset Southwest password 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Iphone App Login issue

SWDigits
Aviator A

Have you tried getting in touch with the Southwest Twitter team?  Their handle is listed in the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of all forum pages.

Customer | Home airport DCA

jksobonya
Aviator A

I use the Southwest app quite often on my iPhone (latest IOS, latest app version), and I have never run into this problem, especially not getting locked out of your account immediately trying to sign in using a browser. That sounds like you tried entering your password incorrectly too many times, but, it is worth reporting this error to Southwest on social media (Twitter, Facebook) and see what they say. They are quick to respond. 

--Jessica

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the app? Does this help?

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

nikesh23
Explorer C

All, I am having same issue with my Samsung phone. I deleted by App in January as the points that were shown on my app weren't updating. Now I can't login on my phone app. and it is just so inconvenient. This sucks when you travel every week I am looking for solution. I have uninstall the app and reinstall multiple type still doesn't work.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

Sorry to learn of these issues! Error 400418169 typically comes back when we get a login request where the password includes some type of special character in it that is causing parsing problems from our mobile apps. Apostrophes and quotation marks can be particularly tough. We also know mobile has problems with a \ character, but that gives a different error. 

We have been investigating on the mobile development side why our login requests are not working to the same endpoint as Southwest.com where Customer requests are working as expected. In the meantime, we recommend trying a different password using different special characters (or none at all).

Thanks for reaching out!

Nicole
Community Manager

bethanylittle
Explorer C

Has this actually been resolved?  Because I'm having the same login issue on my iphone.

Thanks