Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Mobile Apps - IPhone & Ipad - can't login?

DJHGoBlue
Explorer C

I used to have no problem logging in via my iPhone, but now that isn't working. I can login just fine via the website. I have tried logging in on my phone using both my username and my RR # and neither works.

I tried calling the number you indicated for customer support and was told to delete and reinstall the app. Have tried that twice with no success.

Any other suggestions?

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @DJHGoBlue,

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with the app. Send me a private message with your Rapid Rewards number and a screenshot of the error message that you're receiving.

bstrojny
Explorer C

IMG_0464.JPG

Same issue. My rr# 20337988893

dogorman16646
Explorer C

Can't log into appIMG_1287.PNG

RR# 20308895095

email: dogorman16646@gmail.com

katvisions
Explorer C

I called the 800#, but there's no selection for help with the mobile app.

How in ther world can I get one-on-one assistance when any department selected cannot help, because they dont support the app.

In fact one customer service person told me to call Apple!

azhawkeye
Explorer C

I am not sure Southwest is aware their last app update is severly impacting their customers.  I travel every week and I am unable to login from my iPhone or iPad (website is fine).  I tried everything suggested including deleting and re-installing the app and resetting my passwword (which was never more than 14 characters).  I tried calling customer support and the wait time is more than an hour - no thanks!  Any other suggestions? 

bstrojny
Explorer C

IMG_0464 (1).JPG

dlinzell2
Explorer C

Same problem, same error msg, tried shortening p/w, p/w works on website, etc etc. Been happening for week+ & submitted email on SW site detailing everything about a week ago. No response. Disappointing - especially since traveling @ end of week.

mondofresh
Explorer C

I've tried my RR number, my email address, shorter passwords, longer passwords.

I can reliably log into Southwest.com on my full browser on my laptop.

I always get bad username or password error when I attempt to log on to the SouthWest app on my Android phone.

Hey SouthWest - your customers LOVE your service, but your app is pretty much worthless. You should poach the mobile developers from Alaska Airlines. Their app rocks and is super helpful when traveling!

Re: Mobile Apps - IPhone & Ipad - can't login? error 400518009

geekazoid78
Explorer C

I was experiencing the same issue.  Of course, contacting Southwest via Twitter yielded nothing but flatulence.  I eventually figured out that because I used the copy/paste functionality of my Iphone (8, IOS 11.2.6) and didn't physically type in my RR#, that caused the data that the login page sees for the username to be invalidated, thereby causing the error.  

Its always hit and miss with the app developers whether they will allow cut and paste functionality in certain fields on any sign-in page... In this case, Southwest does not ... Hope this helps someone!