Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Mobile Boarding Pass not Available for Single Passenger

keforman
Explorer C

I checked in to my flight on the Southwest app yesterday for my domestic flight today and noted my boarding pass and seat location.  However, arriving to the airport this morning and approaching TSA Check-in, when I opened the Southwest app, it told me that I apparently was not checked in and needed to approach a kiosk or service desk to check in!  I called SWA's hotline and they were very unhelpful, unable to load the pass for me and had no record that I had checked in via mobile the day prior.

I had to leave the long TSA line, go back and print the pass, then get in line again.  I boarded late and nearly missed my flight due to this issue.  I have flown Southwest weekly for nearly 2.5 years for work without this issue and am very familiar with the mobile check-in process and very disappointed with my service

I realize that I am able to save the pass locally to my phone; however, I should not have to do this as the app should be reliable enough to load my pass appropriately!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Mobile Boarding Pass not Available for Single Passenger

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Very unfortunate for this to happen, must have been some "glitch" that caused it to vanish. I highly recommend people take screenshots of their boarding passes, definitely helps with situations like this and also in a delay the boarding passes actually go away from the application after some period of time so it's helpful to have your own copy.

Re: Mobile Boarding Pass not Available for Single Passenger

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

On iOS I always add it immediately to the wallet so that there is a static copy saved on my phone, valid for the day.

This comes in handy for instance if your flight is delayed for more than an hour and you go back to the app and...voila, you can't get a boarding pass for a flight that was scheduled to depart already.

You'd have to get a paper copy from the gate agent in that case as well.

Pluse you have a record in the short term with confirmation number, etc. on it - probably in addition to calendar events with the information for many but hey, belt and suspenders.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.