Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Notice to Change flight

jburns
Explorer C

I received a notification that my flight 1773 and 1235 may have issues and I can change them. Does this mean my flights are cancelled? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Notice to Change flight

SWDigits
Aviator A
@jburns, when is your travel?

There is a travel advisory due to the MAX 8 [message edited to update the link]: https://www.southwest.com/html/advisories/swa_travel_advisory_20192141552591016643.html

Curious if you received something more specific about your flights or if it was an awareness note about the advisory.

Customer | Home airport DCA

SWDigits
Aviator A
You can also use this page to check the status of your specific flights:
https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-status/index.html

Customer | Home airport DCA

dfwskier
Aviator A

@jburns wrote:

I received a notification that my flight 1773 and 1235 may have issues and I can change them. Does this mean my flights are cancelled? 

Normally he ariline would send you a message that says one of two things

1) Your flight is delayed (and provides details) .or. 

2) Your flight is cancelled

Which of those two did you get?

FYI: the airline is letting passengers change flights thru 3/31 due to the Max8 grounding -- even if you were not scheduled for a Max8 flight.

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

With the 737 MAX aircraft grounded, Southwest is allowing passengers to make a one-time change to their flights through March 31 which may be affected. Unfortunately, the notification language doesn't make it clear that you flight isn't necessarily cancelled. Check your flight status. If cancelled you can rebook for no additional fee. If it's not cancelled, you don't need to take any action just yet. I'd recommend checking status frequently up until departure. Good luck!

jdoc2000
Explorer C

Very frustrating - my daughter got a notice that her flight on Wednesday is cancelled but it still shows up in her trips online.  Still on FLightView too.  tried to call and wait time is way over an hour. no response on twitter either.  Don't really want to change her off the direct flight but afraid everything wil fill up.