Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Online Check-In

Markita2109
Explorer C

I know you can check in 24 hours in advance but I wanted to know if its exactly 24 hours in advance. For example, if my flight is scheduled to depart Feb.12 at 3pm, do I check in Feb. 11 at 3pm or can I check in at any time (lets say 8am) on Feb. 11 as long as it is the day before?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Online Check-In

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

If you buy early bird you will be checked in automatically 36 hours before you flight and you can check in at any point starting at the 24 hour mark 

if you choose not to buy early bird you must wait until 24 hours before your flight to check in so if your flight is at 3pm on the 12th then the earliest you can check in on the 11th is 3PM. You can check in online up until 1 hour before flight time I believe but you will want to either check in as close to the 24 hours mark (3PM in this case) as possible or buy early bird check in and you could just print your reserved boarding pass position at your convience (starting at 3PM on the 11th in this case) if you want to add early bird you will need to do it at least 36 hours before flight time 

hope this helps!

Blake

YDATCHER
Explorer C

I did not purchase the early bird check in. But if I check in the day before (Aug 8th) 24 hrs before my flight (which is at 840pm on Aug 9th) and cannot print my boarding passes until the next day Aug 9th. Once  I have checked in 24 hrs in advance can I print my tickets the next morning when I have printer access.

I guess my question is can I print my boarding passes a day after I did the 24  hour check in? 

dfwskier
Aviator A

You can obtain your boarding pass  (You don't have to print it. You get get it on your phone) any time after the 24 hour in advance mark and before you get to TSA.