Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

PreBoarders

sonson
Explorer C

I have an issue with Military only being able to preboard if they are in uniform.  My son is in the Navy and he does not travel in his uniform as most don’t when they have leave, the last thing they want to do is wear their uniform when they don’t have to. I think it is a very poor policy as these men and women deserve this small perk.  I don’t understand if they are active why it would make any difference to show their Id when they scan their boarding pass, it will not hold the line up any longer than everyone trying to shove their bags into the overheads.

thanks for your time

4 REPLIES 4

Re: PreBoarders

dfwskier
Aviator A

SInce this is a customer to customer forum, you probably should make your suggestion directly to the airline.

To do so click on "contact us" at the bottom of this page, and then pick your preferred method of contac from the top lef of the ensuing page.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@sonson wrote:

I have an issue with Military only being able to preboard if they are in uniform.  My son is in the Navy and he does not travel in his uniform as most don’t when they have leave, the last thing they want to do is wear their uniform when they don’t have to. I think it is a very poor policy as these men and women deserve this small perk.  I don’t understand if they are active why it would make any difference to show their Id when they scan their boarding pass, it will not hold the line up any longer than everyone trying to shove their bags into the overheads.

thanks for your time

Just to clarify a bit, Southwest doesn't allow military to preboard.

Military Boarding is after the A group, before the B one, and as you've stated, requires they be in uniform (unfortunately).

Preboarding is reserved primarily for disabled passengers who require a specific seat onboard or assistance boarding the plane.

spacecoastbill
Frequent Flyer B

@chgoflyer wrote:

Preboarding is reserved primarily for disabled passengers who require a specific seat onboard or assistance boarding the plane.

It would be reat if that were only the case!

You also have to add the preboard fakers.

nostresshere
Adventurer C

As a veteran with 100% disability, I think the idea of preboarding military is a bit over-expected.  We are all people and we all have various issues, or dangerous jobs.  The military is not the only one. Should there be some long list?  And should there be a form or special ID?

I do not expect anything special, until I get to the point where I can not walk down the jetway, then maybe something extra.