Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Saved My Vacation!

dianeteakle
Explorer C

Southwest saves the day by making sure my luggage arrives with me on the first leg of my flight going on vacation.

I was flying from the San Francisco Bay Area to Los Angeles on Southwest to connect to a non-Southwest flight for an international destination.  It was one of those days this past February when we practically had to swim to the airport.  My husband and I had separate confirmation numbers and checked in separately.  I was a bit too efficient, finished my check-in, and my luggage had already gone down the conveyor belt when my husband said our flight was delayed several hours because of the weather.  But his checkin agent was rebooking him on an early flight and I asked that agent to also rebook me, which he did.  But my luggage was gone!  On any other airline, I think the answer would have been "sorry, you'll have to file a claim when you get to Los Angeles."  Not Southwest!  The agent called down to the luggage handlers and had them retag my bag.   The best part?  It arrived!  Only on Southwest!