Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Southwest sucks

dfwskier
Aviator A

Every airline has it's horror stories. No airline is immune.

Combine the flying of a complicated piece of machinery with the vagaries of weather and other acts of god and mix in employees stressed by the situations, and horror stories happen. If you fly enough, you are going to run into your own horror stories. It happens at American, and Delta, and even the theoretical "best airlines" in the world : Emirates, Singapore and Lufthansa. Yes it even happens to Southwest.

If a single airline does it enough times to you, you get very tempted to swear off any further flying on the airline. I have.

Customer satisfaction statistics, which place Southwest at the top of the pile in the US, seem to indicate the flying public thinks that it may happen a bit less frequently at Southwest, but it does happen there, too.

For the most part it's just a c ase of very bad luck. There are exceptions to that statement. You'll find them at the bottom of the customer satisfaction rankings.

cz7p4q
Explorer B

I have 32 years experience in military Aviation and random bad things can happen anytime because of mean old Mr Gravity and bad weather. However, I am talking about treating people as human beings and doing the right things. American Airlines provided a hotel room for all passengers in Chicago when weather prevented flying to Detroit. 

Southwest prevented me from boarding a plane for which I had a legal and legitimate ticket to board. That plane flew to its scheduled destination under booked with lots of open seats. My luggage boarded and flew. I did not.

Southwest refused to provide me a hotel room. Instead, I will get another Luv Voucher  for more than what the hotel room would have cost. The bet is that the Luv Voucher will sucker me into flying Southwest again. 

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

dfwisker, care to explain this to me?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/21/us/southwest-airlines-lawsuit/index.html

Not because he a disabilities, because of his race..... Smiley Sad

Not nice of you and Lindsey locked my comments on other pages......Smiley Indifferent

dfwskier
Aviator A

@DfDrPepper_23 wrote:

dfwisker, care to explain this to me?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/21/us/southwest-airlines-lawsuit/index.html

Not because he a disabilities, because of his race..... Smiley Sad

Not nice of you and Lindsey locked my comments on other pages......Smiley Indifferent

Well first of all, since your purpose in being here seems to fight, this will be the last time I respond to any of your posts..

I am not a Southwest employee, and have no say in whether or not any post is locked. I find that Southwest does lock the posts of people that post the same topics multiple times in multiple places in the interest in keeping comments in one place.

Regardling your link, Southwest has said it had nothing to do with the incident in your link, and as a matter of fact, I don't beleive that it has been proven.

Perhaps you should focus your anger at airlines that do things that really could harm people.

Take American for example:

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/american-airlines-passenger-left-in-wheelchair-overnight-at-airport-a...

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@dfwskier, I don't tend to fight with someone, I am just advocating to anyone who fell victims that being done by SWA. 

Bad thing happened to a little girl when the boarding agent at gate being rude to her. https://6abc.com/tag/southwest-airlines/

or guy who is simple a Muslim.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/tripping/wp/2018/02/13/civil-rights-group-files-lawsuit-against-...

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@dfwskier

When reading one of your comments: "Every airline has it's horror stories. No airline is immune."

I know what you mean, Amen!

cz7p4q
Explorer B

I understand both your bad experience and your frustration. To repeat what Southwest employees are posting here, and I know it won’t help you, it sounds like you experienced an isolated incident that happened one time. 

spacecoastbill
Frequent Flyer B

dfwskier I have to ask,

Are you a Southwest employee or a Southwest apologist?

dfwskier
Aviator A

@spacecoastbill wrote:

dfwskier I have to ask,

Are you a Southwest employee or a Southwest apologist?

Neither, but as a traveller with somewhere north of 2,000,000 air miles behnd me, I recognize that stuff happens Most of the time it doesn't, but sometimes it does. It's happened to me on American,  Unted, Delta and several arlines no longer in business. Yes Southwest has stranded me in airports where I experienced the joy of sleeping on the floor.

When an airline tells me not to take an outbound flight because I'll miss my connection and be stranded in a ciy I was not planning on visiitng, I grit my teeth and am thankful I won't have to spend the night in Podunk .

I just accept it as a risk of air travel. Sometimes the best you can do is take the least distasteful option.

There are many more important things for me to get angry or upset about.

spacecoastbill
Frequent Flyer B

I agree, but it seems like you spend quite a bit of time on here............