Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Southwest violating my rights

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Aclark wrote:

https://youtu.be/7VhGuo17pV4 

Well, I see two reasons where I would have not let you board

1) You potentially would have scared other passengers -- ie disruptive behavior

2) You were argumentative with the gate agent. Do that to a FA on the plane, and you'll get removed from the plane - ie a different kind of disruptive behavior..

You have no right to be disruptive on any plane.

Aclark
Explorer B

You speak of potential things yet we are discussing facts. A white sheet with an accompanying pointed pillowcase instills terror yet people are still allowed to wear such attire even though it has been associated with violence. What I wore created a barrier between me and the environment protecting one from the other. If anything it creates a mindset of comfort. You want to take up for Southwest and produce presumptive statements to justify the erroneous behavior of the employees actions  however, I was quietly standing by myself causing no harm and instilling no fear to anyone when I stripped of my dignity and raped of my rights. Nothing you, Southwest Airlines, or anymore of its supporters can say that justifies this action nor can undue what damage has been rendered. Now and henceforth I have to defend myself simply for protecting myself from harmful pathogens. I wish you well good citizen.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

@Aclark Please contact Southwest Customer Relations at 1-855-234-4654 to discuss this further. The Community moderator has been notified that this discussion may not be the appropriate place for this discussion since we are all customers, not employees. 

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A

@Aclark wrote:

What I wore created a barrier between me and the environment protecting one from the other. If anything it creates a mindset of comfort. 

What you wore was entirely unnecessary, which is what everyone is gently trying to tell you. Thousands upon thousands of people fly on planes every single day with no need to wear a protective "tyvek suit" as you tried to do. You may not think you were causing any harm to anyone, but I can guarantee that wearing such an outfit was being disruptive to everyone around you. 

But, it sounds like you were able to board a flight anyway, so this matter seems to have resolved itself.  

--Jessica

Aclark
Explorer B

To the few of you who stated my protective clothing was very provocative and threatening no need to answer but I wonder if you feel Danny Cotton's protective attire was threatening it can be seen in the below link...

https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/05/world-star-hip-hop-body-suit-coronavirus-quarantine/

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Hello Community Members. We sincerely regret that @Aclark was disappointed with our handling of his situation at the airport, and @Aclark, we hope that you will follow-up with our Customer Relations Team if you have not already. 

This thread has gotten heated, so we encourage everyone to refresh on the Community’s User Guidelines, which state all Members should be respectful and courteous. Just as we want Customers to feel comfortable flying Southwest, we want all Community Members here to feel comfortable sharing thoughts and ideas. We ask that everyone follow the Golden Rule and treat other Community Members the way you would like to be treated. Keep your tone positive and your comments constructive.

Nicole
Community Manager

gsking
Aviator C

No, his attire is not threatening.  Anyone keeping up will know that a facemask won't help you. 

If anything, it MAY be a sign that the WEARER has the virus and is attempting to not infect others.  In that case, I could see it being judged as disruptive.  But as we know, people are generally ignorant, and that isn't a crime.  Neither is wearing religious garb, specifically because it is a protected class under the law.

In your case, however, you fall under no such protected class.  So it falls to a judgement call by the airline.  Your rights were not violated, at least not prima facia.  You're welcome to challenge it in a court of law, but I suspect you'll lose.  I'm sure you would if I were on the jury.  It's apparent from your attitude even here that your intent was not just personal safety, but indeed to be disruptive.

Good luck.

BDrft
Explorer B

I disagree. Simply wearing a protective suit is not "disruptive." If anything, offensive T-shirt logos would be more of a potential disruption than a respectful customer simply trying to keep himself safe from the virus.

spacecoastbill
Frequent Flyer B

Id laugh and take a photo of anyone wearing that.

If people on the airplane found it offensive, maybe they need to get  a life.