Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

TSA Pre-Check

thedon411
Explorer C

So I've had a KTN for a while now and have added it to my RR account. However, I've never been able to get TSA Pre-Check on any of my flights with Southwest. I have an apostrophe in my last name, and on my Global Entry/Pre-Check card, but Southwest doesn't allow for those characters in you name. Will I never get TSA Pre-Check because of this?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: TSA Pre-Check

dfwskier
Aviator A

@thedon411 wrote:

So I've had a KTN for a while now and have added it to my RR account. However, I've never been able to get TSA Pre-Check on any of my flights with Southwest. I have an apostrophe in my last name, and on my Global Entry/Pre-Check card, but Southwest doesn't allow for those characters in you name. Will I never get TSA Pre-Check because of this?

Good question. I'm sure the airline has run into this before as lots of people have an apostrophe in their names. I'd sugges that you reach out to Southwest customer service for a resolution. Since this is a customer to customer forum, we can't resolve this. Ways to contact Southwest are listed at the upper left of the contact us website.

https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@thedon411 wrote:

One thing to try next time if this isn't resolved by then is to ask at the ticket counter and see if they can reprint with the KTN included.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

@thedon411 wrote:

One thing to try next time if this isn't resolved by then is to ask at the ticket counter and see if they can reprint with the KTN included.

Unfortunately, that won't help --  the issue is that the name must match exactly or TSA PreCheck won't be applied. 😞

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@thedon411 wrote:

The consensus I've seen on other non-Southwest forums is omitting the apostrophe in the reservation shouldn't cause a problem. If your name is O'Neil, booking the ticket as ONeil should work. If that's what you are doing then there's a chance the problem is something else such as a middle name or middle initial. How are you entering your name without the apostrophe now?

--TheMiddleSeat