Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: TSA Pre does not appear on my boarding pass

sswoltjen
Explorer C

Hi - I am having the same issues with my TSA precheck not showing up on my boarding pass, I had my KTN added before I checked in and it didnt show up on my boarding pass. Now I just tried that link that guy posted but it is saying since I already checked in to this flight it is too late to add my KTN?

• "It looks like you've already checked in for this flight. Unfortunately, we are unable to add your secure traveler information after the check in process is complete. If you have questions or require further assistance, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative at 1-800-I-FlY-SWA (1-800-435-9792). (SW900001-1EyejzgKQoaM2EcZzWsCfw)"

This is the error message I got.

Can you help? My flight is tonight after work and I really need to be TSA! 

Thanks, 

Shelby W

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution

As mentioned by others earlier in the thread you may want to try to get in touch with Southwest via the "chat" function of the app, you can also try Twitter.  You may also want to edit your post to remove your personal contact information.

Customer | Home airport DCA

StaticLine
Explorer A

Can't the OP simply show his or her TSA Precheck ID card to the TSA agent?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

@StaticLine wrote:

No.  Your name and flight info still needs to be run through the usual systems.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@StaticLine wrote:

I believe that the words TSA pre must appear on the boarding pass. So the answer to your question is no.

fleming1972
Explorer C

TSA pre doesn't appear on my return flight boarding pass. I go to enter my KTN, but it says its on file. So why wasn't it on my boarding pass?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The standard response from TSA would be that PreCheck is never guaranteed, however there are a few things to double check. You mentioned the return flight is the one in question. Was the outbound flight on the same reservation, same confirmation number, and did you have PreCheck then? If so, then either a general system glitch or TSA actively denied you PreCheck on this flight. I'd suspect glitch and inquire about it at the check-in counter. They may be able to remove and re-add the KTN to see if it goes through. If return flight is a separate reservation double check the name on reservation matches name associated with PreCheck identically, including middle name. If that is ok then also inquire about it at the check-in counter. You should also double check your PreCheck expiration date, although not likely the problem, it's still good to know. Have you had trouble with this in the past? Please report back with your experience, hopefully you can get it figured out. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Mdr020559
Explorer C

I just chatted with Vickie at SWA and was told that TSA is the one who grants the Precheck, and she could not do anything. She said my KTN was on my profile and my reservation. She did not offer to delete the boarding pass and reload it. My expiration date is not until May 2021. I am not a frequent SWA traveler. Not sure when the last time I flew them but have never not received Precheck on any other airline. Any other suggestions? 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Mdr020559

You can ask again at the check-in counter. I understand the agent you spoke with did not offer to reissue the boarding pass, but did you ask if they could? That seems to be what is usually required.

--TheMiddleSeat

Mdr020559
Explorer C

Yes I did ask and she did not. She continued to tell me that she couldn’t provide Precheck that it’s assigned by TSA. Will try again at the airport.